Dear Guy Best Friends

Dear Guy Best Friends

A letter letting you know how much I love you.

21
Dear Guy Best Friends
Jennifer Dixon

Dear guy best friends,

Remember the moment we knew we'd all be friends forever? Yeah, I don't remember the exact moments either. But I do remember the memories. Some of those memories now being 5, 6, or 7 years old. The time has literally flown by, and I am curious if I am the only one dumbfounded by the fact we're now all on our separate journeys most of the year.

No more hanging out late into the night on the weekends, ditching class to go to the diner, Applebee's trips after a big football game, or night swimming in the lake -- moments that have driven us to become great friends and knowing each other even better for the next hang out sesh. I am writing this because I can't thank you enough for being such amazing friends and being there for me even if we're all miles apart. I would never have guessed our relationships would be as strong as they are now and I need you all to know, I love you guys.

If I got a dollar for every time one of you made me laugh, I'd be one of the richest 18-year-olds in the world. From the nights we were rolling on the floor laughing from some idiotic thing one of you did or said, to the late night trips you each have taken to my house after I called you profusely crying -- I hope you cherish each of those life-altering moments as profoundly as I do. Because each time one of you could make me laugh even with tears of sadness streaming down my face, I fell in love with our friendship. And it was forever engrained in my soul to be as amazing to you as you all have been to me.To make sure you all knew I was there for you to cry to and hopefully, I could make you smile as quick as you all can make my grin spread from ear to ear.

I also want you all to know that I adore your families and I am so thankful that at one time or another each of them has taken me in as their own and showed me compassion and sincerity. I would never tell my mom, but some of your mom's cooking are almost as good as hers. Thank you for letting me cook and eat dinner, make conversation or learn about your parent's love stories. Thank you for inviting me over for holidays, letting me get to know all your siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Thank your parents for cooking for me at the many barbecues you've all had at your homes or crashing in their spare bedroom when it was too late for me to drive home. I know you can't deny some of your parents like me even more than they like your girlfriends, but we don't have to tell what we all know is true.

How often do you find people who admire your little weird habits, put up with your crap, and still can say they like you at the end of the day? Even considering the times you've all been stubborn toward me -- chosen to hang out with the pretty girl who you may have wanted to get to know better instead of me or laughed at me when all I wanted to hear was a serious reply. I put up with all your craps because you put up with all of my idiotic decisions. You've all watched me go back to abusive relationships time after time, all had to repeat your advice over and over, you've all listened to me talk crap about someone I did not even know, and you all constantly have to snap your fingers in my face when I drift off into my daydreams. Maybe because I have individually paid honest and real attention to each of your concerns and individuality, instead of treating you as friends who will only hang out with each other in a group, to laugh and have fun. I know you all aren't just goofballs, you have weird habits, insecurities, and talents. I love each of you as individual amazing human beings.

What really has blown my mind is how my efforts to be an amazing friend to each and every one of you, are now being reciprocated. Us all now going away to college and being separated from each other, I only assumed we would not talk as much. Since we would not be meeting up to hang out after school or on the weekends because we all were miles apart, I thought there would be no need for us to really talk to each other. But then you guys cried before I left for school, embraced me with long hugs and wished me a safe flight before it took it off to take me thousands of miles to college. You each have FaceTimed me randomly, called me in the middle of the day, texted me while you were in class, and took the time to remind me that you cared how I was doing. I love you all so much for that and I can't thank you enough for staying my friends.

There are certain people you will meet in your life who you just connect with more than anyone else and you just know it isn't a typical thing and you understand each other perfectly. And these people won't always be your significant other, they could be your friend or teacher or sibling or whoever. It could be just about anyone you've ever interacted with. We have shared ourselves with each other, we have been engulfed in eternity, dancing in a timeless universe. Thank you for blessing me with each of you. Thank you for dreaming with me -- for seeing a bountiful future similar in success. For reminding me of the truest blisses in life. I am forever grateful to each of you. If I have to spend the rest of my life being an exceptionally amazing friend, loving, caring, respecting, showing, and holding each of you as high as the stars to make you realize how much I love each of you I would. Thank you all for being there when I cry, when I've been heartbroken, when I've laughed, when I've been through rough times, when I'm mad, happy, jealous, or crazy. Thank you for being there when I'm pretty, when I am ugly. Thank you all for being my best friends.

Sincerely,

Your best gal pal