Dear Ex-Best Friend

Dear Ex-Best Friend

Life must go on.

55
PicMonkey

Dear Ex-Best friend,

I know you have not heard from me in awhile, and I am sorry about that; life can get in the way sometimes. But not a day goes by where I do not think about you and all of the times we used to have together. We went from pulling all-nighters, watching our favorite movies and eating ice cream, and dancing to our favorite band in our PJ's to just two people who follow one another on social media.

I just want you to know, you were the first person I ever shared secrets with. The first person who ever did my makeup, helped me pick out outfits, made me try new foods, even try out new things in general that I was not interested in doing at all. You were like a sister to me. No one could ever take back the laughs that we shared or the tears that we shed over the dumb boys who we realize now weren't worth it.

Even though we do not talk anymore, I do know what is going on in your life more than you may think. I am proud of you for getting into the college that you have always dreamed of going to and for finally finding a guy who is putting a smile on your face. It is nice to see that you are growing up and doing what you always dreamed of doing.

As for me, I am living day-by-day doing what I always thought was unthinkable. I have also finished my first year of college and am still with that boy that you were not so sure about. He is my best friend, and I cannot imagine accomplishing what I have without him. I know back in the day you were concerned, and I thank you for that, but I want you to know he makes me happier than anyone ever has. My family asks about you all of the time, and all I can say is that you seem like you are doing well (even though I personally do not know).

Always know that even though we are not BFF's anymore or talk on a daily basis, I am always here for you. Your number will forever be in my phone since you are forever in my heart. Do not hesitate to call or text or even stop by my house if there is something you just have to get off of your chest. My heart is now fulfilled and my life must go on, and even though you are no longer in it, I will never forget the friendship that we once shared.

Best Regards,

Your ex-best friend