Dear College Best Friend For Life

Dear College Best Friend For Life

To my mental breakdown buddy, my inspiration, and my future maid of honor.

424

Dear My College Best Friend For Life,

If anyone has ever seen us walk down the street, we're probably either laughing, crying, or showing each other a meme on one of our phones. We're obnoxious, emotional, and definitely crazier than your average pair of best friends. However, I wouldn't change it for the world.

I am so incredibly lucky to have already found my person at college, especially when I was so nervous that nobody else would understand my ridiculous jokes and Chipotle addiction. In the span of four months, you have become my rock, the person I run to for everything. And simply put, there's just no one who could ever take your spot.

Although we fight like a married couple, I know you care about my wellbeing and are looking out for me.

When you yell at me to not text my ex at 1 a.m, I know you're trying to save me from a disaster. Even when I make a mistake and seem like I hate you, I don't. I just hate you because how in the world can you always be right? Although you might also make mistakes as well, I'll always call you out on it and make sure that we're being healthy in every way possible. Everyone knows that your honest friend is the one who cares the most, and you are brutally honest.

There are so many inside jokes and laughs we've shared that I'll cherish forever.

Nothing's better than getting a text from you at 2 p.m. to tell me you can't stop thinking about the Bee Movie script. You are incredibly funny and we just so happen to have the same sense of humor where we just laugh at every single thing that happens to us. Our lives are the biggest jokes ever, and there's no one else I could imagine laughing about it with. Even when it seems like my life is falling apart, you're always there to make some inappropriate joke to add to our quote list.

You are my inspiration in many different forms.

When I tell you that your dedication to school, your love for people you care about and your fashion style inspire me to want to be a better person, I mean it. There's no one else who would be down to go to Bird Library with me and study until the sun rises. You motivate me all the time and remind me that even when there are hardships, there will be good things coming soon after.

You have always been there for me.

You made going through the rough patches easier. There's nothing like a deep talk at 2 a.m that makes me feel less alone. You have heard my cry, seen me break down, and accepted me for who I am regardless. Listening to me speak about my heartbreaks must've been a bore, but you always kept your ears open and gave me the honest advice.

With all the hardships you've been put through, you should be in a mental ward right now. But, somehow, you manage to get through it and come out the other end smiling.

With your ex-boyfriend living a floor below you, you have somehow managed to deal with it better than I ever could. Despite all the ups and downs you've also had with schoolwork, you stay on track and focused on your goal, and once you're dedicated, you don't quit until it's yours. Although we both have about one mental breakdown a week, you always wipe the tears right after and push through it.

There are so many adventures to go on and I can't wait to share that with you.

These next four years are going to be crazy, and knowing that I have you to conquer all of this with makes me anticipate it more. Here's to more Chipotle runs, more Bird Library nights, and more espresso shots that might make us go into a-fib.

Life would not be the same without you. Thanks for being my emotional tether these past few months. One day, I'll be standing at your wedding, talking about all the crazy things we did in college, and I hope your future husband doesn't divorce you right then and there. Let's get this bread.

Love always,

Your Absolutely Insane Best Friend