Nine Months
Parents

Nine Months

A letter dedicated to my mother

346
Nine Months
Mariah Parker

Whether you have had a mother or a mother figure, I dedicate this to my mother, my hero, my livelihood, and my best friend. My mother.

Nine Months

Dear mom,

At the exact age I am, 21 years ago you found out you were expecting.

For nine months you grew what is now me. Before I could learn what a friend was, you were my only one for nine months.

As I started from embryo to full term, you felt the kicks, the nausea, the exhaustion. All to form my tiny heart.

My tiny heart that grew bigger in size and in love.

Nine months, it took to form my heart and you would dang make sure no one broke it.

For nine months, you would create a daughter who you knew struggled with depression.

Nine months, you formed my small fingers that would be able to type this letter.

Nine months later, you cried because you couldn't believe what a beautiful human you created.

Your body went through a lot just so I could be born.

And I am grateful.

Because of those nine months, 21 years later after raising what is now me. Your daughter that was labeled with a "learning disability" is now a junior at The University of Oklahoma.

For nine months, I was the one who was closest to your heart.

You raised me right from wrong, you showed me what love was and is.

For nine months, you had no clue something so small would grow to be so big.

All it took was nine months.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web