Dear Best Friend

Dear Best Friend

You've helped me to become a better person.
4

Dear Best Friend,

There is a common myth that men and women cannot be best friends and I'd like to disprove that. My best friend is male and this thank you is for him.

Before you I was a scared little girl who didn't know how to talk to boys, let alone look at them or react when they looked at me. Not much has changed outwardly (let's face it, we both know I'm awkward), but because of you I am a heck of a lot more confident on the inside. You remind me daily that I am beautiful, smart, funny, that men do desire me and that being in a relationship isn't everything. You've helped me to realize that I am not the reason that my past relationships failed and that I am worthy of love. I love you so much for that. I love you so much for being as warped as I am, or maybe a little more.

You give me the male perspective on a lot of things that I wouldn't understand otherwise. Together we have come to the conclusion that men and women are equally as crazy when it comes to certain things and therefore we can't judge each other's crazy without first looking at our own. You accept me for both my feminine and masculine traits and despite the fact that we come from different worlds.

You've taught me that sometimes the best therapy is to sit down, cuddle a cat, drink a beer and watch a movie. You've taught me that not everything deserves a reaction. You've given me a place of safety during a time when my own mind wasn't safe and I will forever be grateful for that. I've taught you that its okay to dance in the rain if it makes you happy and there is nothing wrong with admitting that you are not okay. We balance each other pretty well while also bringing out some of the best things in each other. We can fight like cats and dogs sometimes, but I always know that in less than twenty-four hours we will be back to normal.

You are such a beautifully dark soul and the things that you've taught me have changed me in ways that I'm not sure that I'll ever fully understand. We have so many inside jokes and movie references that other people just don't understand, it's almost like we have our own language. I never thought that we would become friends, let alone that you would become one of the most important people in my life. It is crazy that we have come all the way from hating each other to where we are now. You are not just my male best friend, you are my best friend period.

Love,

Your Prep Bitch <3