Dear Kathy Griffin, What Were You Thinking?

Joking threats are still threats.

41
Daily Wire

Dear Kathy Griffin,

WTF were you thinking?

For a second let's put aside your newfound disdain for President Trump, and just look at the title of President, and all it entails. Threats (even jokes) against the office of the President, or the person in the oval are taken very seriously, and even if you weren't serious there are still consequences to posting graphic images involving the death of the President--think yelling fire in a movie theatre, or bomb on a plane. You (and Madonna) just don't do that.

Before you start @-ing me about all the heinous lynching dummies the Obama family dealt with, let's remember that nobody claimed those threats, they were left places, and any threats made against Obama were investigated and dealt with. Kathy Griffin, you very clearly put up that photo, included your face, and for a hot minute tried to defend your choice. After there was intense backlash you finally recanted, and have since tearfully begged for forgiveness.

You don't have to like the President, I personally think he really and truly needs to stay off Twitter. #Covfefe amiright? But it's slightly hypocritical to dislike him for the "hate" he spews, and then go on and "artistically" express his very violent beheading. If you're going to protest what you perceive at hate, do it by showing people love and compassion. Be all the things you claim this new administration is not.

I think in a time where terrorist activity is becoming a common occurrence, taking a page out of the ISIS handbook and portraying a violent beheading is probably in poor taste. There isn't anything in this world that will ever give comfort to the families who had to watch their loved ones beheaded via youtube, and giving them a graphic reminder and calling it a joke is reprehensible. I think the people who really deserve an apology in all of this are the kin of those we've lost to abhorrent war crimes, for turning the most horrible event in their lives into a publicity stunt.

KG you were always outlandish and sometimes mildly funny, but your brand of humor is the kind that tears other down in order to get a few laughs. While that kind of thing flies every now and again, you alienated yourself from a lot of people because you chose making a joke over keeping a friend.

Kath, is it cool if I call you Kath? You really missed the boat here. You have Melissa McCarthy doing HILARIOUS impressions, the magic of photoshop turning a Trump speech into a musical performance, and some clever editing turning Trump into a hit cover artist. These kinds of thing are funny, they are light-hearted, and they don't threaten the lives of disliked people.

There is a line, the line before "too soon", "too far", and "too much". You ignored all of those lines and blazed ahead thinking people would find it revolutionary, hilarious, etc. Kath for someone who prides herself on her wit you threw a cheap, and forensically lacking shot. If you're going to be "funny" and "mock the mocker in chief", do it with sound logic, actual comedic properties, and in a way that wont get you investigated for crimes against your country.

Sincerely,

A Head Shaking Citizen