Dear High School Christian Girls, Know These 6 Things

In a world full of fakes and copies, live of life of uniqueness with the one who created you to be set apart.
314

Dear High School Christian Girls,

We live in a world that feeds off fake. But we were created by One who desires us to live differently. We have the ability to live with freedom, and not let what others say change that. Here are a few things that will help you live the life you were created to live.

1. It’s okay not to fit in.

It is okay not to be like the other girls. It is okay not to dress like the other girls. You were given a mission far beyond society’s norms. Also, why fit in when you were created by the Creator of the Universe to be different. It is okay to stay home on the weekends, and take some you time. You won’t ever regret spending time with the Lord. So, if you weren’t invited to that popular girls’ party, remember you live a different life.

2. Stop looking in the mirror and trying to fix something that God created perfectly.

You are uniquely created in the Image of God, and every piece of you is perfect just the way it is. There is nothing wrong with trying to be healthy, but do not let the devil make you believe you have to change the weight on that scale to be prettier. And girl, pimples are just a part of teenage life. Yes, I know they suck!

3. Surround yourself with wise people.

Okay, this is easier said than done, but pray for God to place healthy, godly relationships in your path because those are the kind of friendships that will carry you through the ups and downs. They are friendships that will strengthen your faith, and allow you to become a light inside your school walls. You were never meant to go through life alone, but your relationship with Jesus, and your purpose is far too important to walk around with toxic people that will lead you to make toxic decisions.

4. You do not have to be in romantic relationship.

I know it will be hard watching other girls be “happy” with their boyfriends, but the truth is, they are searching for love anywhere they can find it. You have a relationship with someone who has everlasting love to give you. When you experience an encounter with God, that love will flow through your veins. Jesus pursues you on a daily basis, and wants your heart to be directed toward him until He knows a relationship will not distract you. Unless the Lord places somebody directly in your path, there is nothing wrong with waiting.

5. Find godly mentors to help you through some of the greatest, and most challenging times of your life.

High school can either be a turning point in your faith, or you could follow your peers as they search for acceptance. It’s everything anybody wants, yes. But if you just tapped a little further, and unleashed God’s heart in your life, you will learn that you don’t need to feel accepted by the world. You carry the acceptance everybody wants.

6. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.

God will push you beyond your normal to allow your faith and trust in Him to grow. Be ready to stomp Hell out of your school, and be the example your high school so desperately needs. Be the new normal.

Lastly, You are beautiful. Everything about you is beautiful. The things that you have or will accomplish in high school add to the beauty you carry inside of you, but they do not define who you are. You are not defined by those accomplishments. You are beautiful because your heart is. Don’t lose your identity in grades. Those grades that you’re are trying so hard to acquire are important, but they do not produce your identity by their outcome.

We all have a higher mission to accomplish than the one society wants us to follow. So face your fears, chase your dreams, and love like Jesus.