Dear Grandpa, I Miss You

Dear Grandpa, I Miss You

707
Dear Grandpa, I Miss You

Dear Grandpa,

As you very well know, there are people in each of our lives that shape who we are. To me, you are one of those people. You educated me and challenged me to be the best person that I could be. Alongside that, you taught me to balance strength and perseverance with kindness and selflessness. You played a larger than life role in shaping who I am today. I hope the person I am today, at this very moment, makes you proud.

Grandpa, you were the kindest and most selfless person I knew. You were wise, intelligent, and deeply religious- and you always tried to instill these characteristics in me and my siblings. For that I am thankful. Whether it was going to mass every day or bringing home my favorite kind of cake from the bakery, you always went out of your way to strengthen your faith and make the people around you smile.

Grandpa, you taught me to value my faith, and with your stories and influence I definitely grew in my faith. Your faith helped you always have a positive outlook on life, and what you instilled in me helped me do the same. You were always so brave and persevering (and sometimes a little bit stubborn), especially when it came to your health. Whenever you suffered any health problems or accident you brushed it off as no big deal and used your faith to get you through. You taught me that nothing is the end of the world, and if it actually is the end of the world, not to worry.

Grandpa, you taught me the importance of hard work. You didn't not work a day in your life- from your career to the small side jobs you balanced. The amazing part is, you used the little bit of extra cash from your small side jobs to buy things, not for yourself, but for everyone else.

Grandpa, you taught me the art of storytelling and its importance. Every story you told me was filled with life, passion and emotion. Each one taught its own unique lesson and proved the fullness of the life you led. Now that you're gone, I try to tell yourstories and your story.