Dear Future Self

Dear Future Self

I hope that you were bold and finally got all the tattoos you wanted!

798
Dear Future Self
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/28/636553926039296549-1380362240_IMG_1601.JPG

Dear future me,

As of March 1st, 2018, there are a lot of things I want to do in the future. Hopefully, you have achieved some of your goals, and also I hope you have experienced super cool things.

First of all, did you get those tattoos you wanted? Right now, you don't have any, but you wanted a matching one with your best friend Josie and another one of sunflowers because you thought they were cute. Hopefully, you have gotten more than these and you love every single one.

Did you join the Peace Corps? You always wanted to join it when you were younger because you loved traveling and you want to make a difference in the world. Did you do that? Where did you go? Did you fall in love in some other country? If you didn't join the Peace Corps, did you make a difference in the world in another way? Hopefully, that is still as important to you as it was in 2018.

Did you find a job you fell in love with? 2018 has proved to be a very confusing and unsure year so far, and I don't have any idea what major I want besides maybe a French major. Do you have a French major? That would be super cool. Do you speak fluent French? That was always a goal of yours.

Did you finally become completely comfortable with yourself? It was really hard in 2018 to be okay with the fact that I'm not a healthy weight and I don't eat healthily and I don't exercise as much as I should. Did you find a way to balance all of this?

Did you ever talk to your family on your dad's side? It has been almost 10 years since I saw them last. Did you get to meet your nieces and/or nephews? Hopefully.

Did you get married? You were not very excited about the idea of marriage in high school and college, and you couldn't imagine yourself ever getting married. It seems too ceremonial and expensive you know? Have you changed your mind?

Do you have kids? You didn't really want kids in high school and college because you thought that a lifelong commitment was scary.

Are you still friends with your BFF from high school? We have been friends already for six years, and you thought you would be best friends forever. Did you get to live together at some point like you hoped?

Do you still have a great relationship with your family? Family is essentially the most important thing to you currently and you wished you could see them every single day. Do you get to see them often? Does your brother still drive you crazy?

Do you have any regrets? Yeah, life can be emotional and crazy and unpredictable, but I hope that you have embraced everything that has come your way and you have never regretted anything you've done.

Most importantly, are you happy? I hope you are doing what you love, with who you love. Maybe life didn't turn out exactly how I planned, but hopefully, it was even better.

Love, past me