Dear Husband I Don't Know Yet

Dear Husband I Don't Know Yet

This is the first of many love notes from your (future) wifey.

47
Dear Husband I Don't Know Yet

Hey you,

I want you to know that I love you. Before I've even met you or known that you were the one God has chosen for me, I have loved you. Not because I have to, but because I've chosen to. Like our Savior, I have chosen to adore you. In every aspect of our lives, I promise to love you, always. All of your flaws, all of your imperfections, every single piece of what makes you, you.

I promise to be a submissive wife. I promise to trust in your judgment and wisdom. I promise to assist you in all that I can. I promise to let the world ridicule me for not being independent as I submit to your leadership; standing beside you as your sidekick, your helper, your friend and ultimately your helpmate.

I promise to respect and honor you. To give you all that I am, and all that I will become. I promise to remain pure, as a sign of my love and devotion to you, and all that Christ has for us.

I promise to pray for you. Even now, before I know you, I’m praying. I’m praying that God gives us a desire to seek after and know him more and that that might be what draws us together. I promise to earnestly, genuinely pray for every aspect of your life. To seek God in trials and tribulations, with my knees on the ground and my hands lifted up.

I promise to be a servant to those individuals who need encouragement. I promise to bear your name, now our name, well. To serve others wholeheartedly and genuinely. I promise to walk hand in hand with you while writing my story, our story, yours and mine.
I promise to love you radically. To fall more deeply in love with you daily. To recognize the gifts God has blessed us with.

I promise to focus on the little things, the best things in life. To watch the sunsets with you. To play in the leaves. To climb mountains. To build snowmen. To teach our children God's word someday. I promise to always, always, always grow with you. Not only in age but in spiritual maturity. I promise to read the Word and study the Bible with you.

I promise to adventure with you. I promise to seek out all of God's creation with you by my side. I promise to see the beauty in all of our surroundings.

I promise to say I love you. To kiss you good morning and goodnight. To wash your feet like a servant, and to treat you like the man God has called you to be.
Above all, I promise to always put God first. I promise to consistently intertwine our marriage with God, with him as our focal point, striving on to our ultimate goal, being Christlike. I promise to put God above you, always and forever. I promise to braid it, babe. You. Me. God. Ecclesiastes: 4:12.

I want you to know that I'm sorry that I am impatient. I'm sorry if it takes a while for me to trust in God’s plan. I'm sorry that I get caught up in details and miss the bigger picture. And I'm sorry if I randomly buy sunflowers and disperse them throughout our home.
So, Mr. Right, I promise to love you like God loves the church, radically and wholeheartedly. I promise to be a humble servant and helpmate. I promise to honor, trust and submit to you in all of our days. In good times and bad times, in rain and in sunshine, when we're able to give much and when we are able to only give little, for all of my days, I promise you, I will never leave you, nor forsake you. Wherever you will go, I will go. Where you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God, our God.

I love you, always.