Dear Future Husband
popular

Dear Future Husband

I apologize in advance.

6196
The CW

Dear Future Husband,

Thinking about my future gets me all giddy inside. I can't wait to have a beautiful family of my own after my college years. Most importantly I can't wait to share it with the person I love and adore most — you. I pray to God every day that you are a kind, intelligent, and strong man. Not only that, but I also pray my family and friends adore you as much I know I will. If you talk to them you know, I can be very tricky to love, but I'm worth it. I'm writing you this letter so you know what you're getting into and to know how to manage a one-of-a-kind, spunky, and fun-loving wife like myself.

I'm in love with the idea of love. That being said, I love romantic gestures. But also keep in mind, I'm a simple girl. It doesn't take much to impress me. Don't buy me a dozen roses because I only need one, just like I only need one you. Hold my hand in public, call me beautiful, and kiss me in the pouring rain. It's the little things that make me the happiest.

I live to love and laugh a lot. I like to think I'm an outgoing and fun person so you have to be able to act silly and be completely out of the ordinary with me. I want a relationship that is full of laughter and inside jokes. I love smiles and obnoxious laughs, so you need to be my smiley, one of a kind person that keeps me happy when I feel like breaking.

With that being said, I break easily. I have a huge heart and I'll go out of my way for anyone. Even if they don't deserve my love and compassion. They can do me wrong over and over but I promise you I will still try to catch them when they fall. Please don't take advantage of this. I need you to pick up my broken pieces when these people fail me, not be the person who continues to break me time and time again.

Living simply is all I want in life. I grew up with a small family, in a small town; where everybody knew everybody, in a small brick house in the middle of a cornfield. I don't need big, fancy, or shiny, materialistic things to live a happy life. I need you and our family. To me, that is worth so much more than anything money could ever buy.

I'm crazy. Please take note of this. Put a star next to it, highlight it, do whatever you need to do to remember this. I have a temper problem. I'm stubborn-headed. I will be straight up with you even if you don't want me to be. One minute I'll be kissing all over your face and hugging on you, and the next, I'll be red-faced and ready to suckerpunch ya. Sorry, babe. XOXO

Once you say I do, you're stuck with me. I don't believe in divorce. I married you because I saw a future and a happy lifestyle with you. We may get lost and find ourselves struggling in our marriage at some point but everything is fixable. People make mistakes, we lose ourselves sometimes, but that's why you marry — to have a constant person to depend on and to know that no matter what, they will still love you and hold you upright even in the ugliest of situations.

KEEP ME SKINNY. After you bless me with our wonderful children, please make me work out. My mother always said, “You see this? This will be you someday after children." I always, always, always disagreed with her. Please do not let my mother be right. Drag me to the gym, smack my hand when I try to buy junk food at the grocery store, put a snickers bar on the end of a stick and make me run after it. Do whatever you have to do. I may complain a whole heck of a lot while it's happening but I'll thank you on vacation someday… when I am 40 years old and still rocking a bikini.

I'm so overdramatic. Please don't be mad when I keep you up all night crying, worried, or sick. Play with my hair, rub my back, and I'll be out in 5 minutes. And if that doesn't work, you're just going to have to learn to deal with it. I can't help it I'm a hot mess sometimes...

Lastly, I trust myself as a person to know I married you because I am madly in love you. Every aspect of you as a human, the person you bring out in me, and the fun we have together. Never forget that. I married you for a reason and no matter what happens I will never stop loving you. You are my person and my soul mate. God gave me you for the ups and downs and everything in between. Although I have no idea who you may be at this very moment in life, I still can't wait to meet you, make long-lasting memories, and spend the rest of our waking lives together. I have a feeling life will take us very special places. See you soon, my love.

XOXO,

Your dearest wife