Dear Freshman Year, I Am Saying Goodbye

Dear Freshman Year, I Am Saying Goodbye

A handwritten personal letter saying goodbye to struggles and joys of freshman year in college and moving on up the ladder of life.

108
Young woman

It's finally over, my first year of college down, three mores years to go until I graduate. Goodbye to all the professors, stress, responsibilities, and the university for a couple months! And hello, to letting my hair down more this summer, fun with friends and family, and relaxation from all the stress. Can you relate?

media2.giphy.com

Dear Freshman Year Of College,

I am writing this letter to say goodbye and to also say that I'm ready to move on with my upcoming and future semesters until the day I graduate from Eastern Michigan University. My first year of college taught me a lot in which I am forever grateful for and I will continue to carry on with the knowledge I acquired this year into the future.

I am still growing as an individual every single day and I'm learning more about myself in and out of school. Therefore, I will prevail and be very successful in life and school.

First, I learned how to make the successful transition from high school to college and to adjust to college life as a freshman who commuted to school. At first at the beginning of the first semester, it wasn't easy and I was a bit nervous about the whole ordeal. However, I made it work both semesters in my favor by getting amazing grades throughout the year, working hard, and making Dean's List with a high grade point average.

I am forever proud of myself for my accomplishments because I was contemplating on taking a gap year from college because I thought I wasn't ready for college and everything seemed to hit me pretty fast like bricks. I am glad I made the right decision and to not take a gap year.

I have also learned many life lessons about myself and situations that happened throughout the semester in school or life wise outside of school. For example, I had to not worry about what everyone else is doing and focus on myself and academics. At the end of the day, I only my have myself at the end of the day and not everyone will be there for me.

I also learned to walk away from the negative things in life and focus on the positive things instead of dwelling on the negative which made me a better person. Lastly, I learned not to give up so easily and try again and come back swinging harder than the first time.

Thank you, my freshman year of college for making me a better person and student for my upcoming semesters. Thank you God for keeping me aligned, keeping my head up, and keeping me motivated when things get tough when it comes to grades, assignments, life situations, or etc.

I would also like to say thank you to my family and other individuals for being the best support systems ever and motivating me throughout both semesters, I love you guys very much. I probably couldn't do it without them although, I have to give myself some credit for keeping it together as well as for working hard too. Thank you for being one of my favorite college years, freshman year and I am looking forward to making more fun years in the future. Sophomore year, I am coming for you!

Sincerely,

Alexsandria Bastow