Dear Dad, I Love You

Dear Dad, I Love You

Here's a thank you for all the ways you have made my life better, Dad.

5078
Dear Dad, I Love You

Celebrating Father's Day 2022

My dad is far more than just a father. He is the man who truly shaped me into the woman I am today. He has been my biggest supporter, my source of laughter, and my safety net since day one. My father is truly my best friend and my hero.

I can easily thank him for all the times he helped me with my homework, filled my car up with gas, and made sure I was up on time for school. But let me tell you once again, my dad is far more than just a father, and there are so many things to thank him for. This list could go on forever because my dad has shaped my life in an infinite amount of ways, but here are a few thanks for my sweet father:

1. Thank you for asking me if I needed a hug when a boy made me cry my freshman year. I really needed that hug (and I'll always need hugs from you).
  2. Thank you for demonstrating how to be kind and servant-hearted to others.
  3. Thank you for checking me out of school just because I was bored that day and wanted to get lunch with you.
  4. Thank you for getting me flowers each Valentine's Day. It's my favorite tradition, and I look forward to them each year. They mean more than you know.
  5. Thank you for teaching me how to have a good sense of humor.
  6. (This thank you also applies to all the straw wrappers you have thrown at me in public, and that one time when we scared a lady in the grocery store).
  7. Thank you for telling me that you love me at every possible moment. Thank you for being proud of me and voicing that daily. Thank you for hugging me each day.
  8. Thank you for demonstrating what real love looks like with Mom. You truly set such a high standard for how men should treat women, and I love that. I'm thankful I have the privilege to see what a real, beautiful marriage looks like.
  9. Thank you for all of the life lessons you teach me daily. Don't worry, they are all written down in a book and will be cherished forever.
  10. Thank you for taking me on daddy-daughter dates. Some of my favorite memories with you are from these sweet, special dates. (I teared up as I wrote that one).
  11. Thank you for dancing with me after dinner when I was younger. Also, thanks for teaching me that '80s music truly is the best to dance to. ("Take On Me" by A-Ha is my personal favorite).
  12. Thank you making really good food, plain and simple.
  13. Thank you for encouraging me in every single thing I do.
  14. You have shown encouragement and unconditional love each moment. You're always willing to go the extra mile for me and that has made such a difference in my life.

Thank you for simply being you, Dad.

You are truly my best friend, my number one fan, and my hero. Your guidance has shaped my life, and I am thankful for all you have provided for me. I am the woman I am today because of you. I'll always be your little girl, and I'll always be your sweet baboo. I love you.