Dear College Family

Dear College Family

An open letter to some of my favorite people

12
Dear College Family

Dear College Family,

I’m not really sure how we all ended up so interconnected. It started with a simple friendship or two that turned into so much more. We do nearly everything together, we plan things together, and we have each other’s backs no matter what. It goes deeper than the sisterhood a majority of us have in our sorority and it is usually a bit more sincere. This letter is not to talk about how odd we are as a group, it is to thank all of you for making me feel at home in college.

Thank you for making me feel like I can handle adulthood. For whatever reason, I am one of the leaders of our ragtag group and you all never fail to make me smile. Organizing all of us seems like a feat at times and finding something we all like is even harder, but getting us all together is always a good time. Pulling off Friendsgiving was one of the best things I have done in college.

Thank you for the hugs, whether they are welcomed or not. There have been times that we have all needed hugs and other times we have forced hugs upon people. No matter what we are doing, we are always laughing, smiling, and having a good time. Although we may not always want the group hugs in the moment, we appreciate them at the end of the day. I know that if the day ever came that I needed people to lean on that I would have all y’all.

Thank you for being your weird selves. One of the purest things about this group of people is that we are all unapologetically ourselves, or at least I think so. It’s okay to talk about the things we are obsessed with, talk about musicals or Kpop, read books and listen to new music together. There seems to be a mutual curiosity that we all foster. This little family is one of the most encouraging environments that I have been a part of.

I could write for days about the way my college family has made this experience so much better. I could even ramble about how much they have had positive effects on my life, but nobody has time for that. I will settle with a thank you for all that you have done and all that will be done in the coming future. Even when Claire flees the country for Korea, we can have Skype dates as a family!

Yours truly,

Megan