Dear College Best Friend,
Although I have only known you for a few months, I know we are going to be best friends for a long time. When they tell you less is more, I cannot help but agree. I came here expecting to meet hundreds of people and I have, but I know known none of them as well as I know you. I wouldn’t trade our friendship for all the networking connections in the world, because, deep down, I know that you are the greatest connection I could ever have. You get me and I get you. Here’s why:
- You know me on a profound level – after all, you saw my room and we had only just met.
- Your Facebook profile picture was warm and inviting – in fact, I knew we’d be friends from the moment I saw you because you made me feel special.
- You are an incredible gift giver – you know me even better than I do with your clever book sets and chocolate covered fruit.
- We spend a lot of time together and if I learned anything from PSYCH 101, it’s that familiarity and proximity breed attraction, in the name of friendship of course.
- When we are on breaks and don’t see each other for considerable amounts of time, we share the best hugs when we return.
- We both have already agreed that I will be the Fun Aunt to all your children whilst also acknowledging that I have an equal say in the naming of your children as you do – and vice versa.
- Over the past six months we have spent countless hours simply studying together, not speaking, but somehow communicating that this feels right (and horrible at the same time, naturally).
- We’re going to be in the same pick group for sophomore housing next year – I wouldn’t want to live with anyone else.
- We get each other sick with our foreign and friendly ailments because we just can’t keep away from each other (in a completely platonic, sometimes romantic way).
- I would drop everything in my life to help you like I would a family member and I know you’d do the same. You are the family I chose which is something I would never regret.
Here’s just a short list of why I think we’ll be best friends for a long time. I’d say “forever” but as a superstitious maniac, I won’t jinx it. But I suspect, you already knew that. Thanks for always looking out for me and I will continue to do my best to look out for you. And so we shall continue to avoid Whitman’s taco Tuesdays. I just can’t let them poison you, my lovely.
With much love and best wishes,
Your College Bestie