My Love Letter To Coffee

My Love Letter To Coffee

With much love, The Coffee Addict
20

Dear Coffee,

Let me start out by saying that yes, I started drinking you out of necessity. In high school it was hard to be awake at 7am. But through my early morning coffee runs I found a new appreciation for you. You were always there for me, you brightened my day when no one else could. Now, I don’t just drink you when I need to wake up or when I need to get a paper done that I saved until the last minute. No, I drink you because I love you.

Starting with the obvious, your taste. You are so black and bitter yet you can be transformed into something so sweet. Just a touch of milk and a squirt of pumpkin syrup can transform you into something so extraordinary that it should be illegal. You can be anything anybody wants you to be. Caramel, mocha, vanilla, hazelnut, and every flavor in between. You are great because you are so versatile.

Your taste isn’t the only thing I love about you though. I love how you can be a year-round treat! You can be served hot or cold, decaf or house blend, tall or Venti… the options are endless. For every occasion there is a different temperature, taste, or size to match.

The true coffee lover that I am also knows that you aren’t just for those dreadful mornings but you are for any time of day. As the saying goes, “Its 7am somewhere!” In the afternoons you help me through my long classes so that I don’t fall asleep. At night you help me get the motivation to finish my work, you keep me alert and focused. Any time of day you are a treat.

If you still don’t believe my love for you is true then know that you aren’t just good to me, but you are good for me. You have so many health benefits for example, you lower the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s, reduces risk of suicide and depression, and even helps increase my fiber intake! You improve my energy levels, boost my metabolism, and provide me with all your nutrients. Without you I don’t know where I would be.

Coffee, you are the tangible form of liquid joy. You are amazing in every way. You don’t just help me but you help everyone around me because without you I would be lost. If it weren’t for you I don’t know if I would still even be in school. You keep me grounded. You keep me sane. I love you.

With much love,

The Coffee Addict