When Dealing With Rejection, Don't Give Up

Someday, they will either regret rejecting you, or you will realize you never needed them.

133
pexels

There is absolutely no doubt that rejection is one of the worst things to deal with in everyday life. Rejection can make you feel terrible about yourself, and make you dwell on everything that happened that made the situation go down hill.

I'm right there with you, as I have just been rejected. Not by a boy, no. But by a group of girls who I really wanted to be apart of. And what makes it even worse: a group of Christian girls.

I am in no way saying anything bad about this group of girls, because the truth is, I really liked them. And I still do. But there are many factors that made this rejection really just, well, suck.

I got to know them. I had the chance to have deep conversations with each of them and connect with them on a spiritual level.

We prayed for each other. Which, again, made my connection with them even deeper.

I opened up about things I haven't told anyone about. I wanted to be transparent to them, and that's what they were seeking. Now with having opened up to them, I feel embarrassed of what I confided in them.

I spent time trying to make a good impression. I wanted to be a part of this so bad, but now I just feel as though I wasn't good enough.

My "walk with God" story must not have been good enough. My past and current struggles that I confided in them about must have turned them off. I tried to mask my insecurities with confidence, and it felt alright, but they must not have liked my more outgoing personality.

This specific rejection has hit me hard. Particularly because I have never been rejected by a Christian group. But at the same time, all this means is that it just wasn't for me. It just hurts because I wanted it so bad.

There are a couple ways you can deal with rejection, and I'm trying my best to utilize these myself. The first is to stop thinking about everything that might have gone wrong. Dwelling on the situation is not going to change the outcome. In fact, it will only continue to make you feel worse about it. So just accept the outcome, know that there is something that is a better fit for you out there, and leave it alone.

Know that when something doesn't work out, even when you really wanted it to, it just wasn't in God's plan for you. Don't give up. Keep striving to be the best you and a different opportunity will come to you when you aren't seeking it.

You aren't alone. While you might be left physically alone from this rejection, remember that Jesus knows exactly what rejection feels like, and no matter how little or big it is, He understands and is there for you. Remember: "He come unto his own, and his own received him not" (John 1:11) and "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before you" (John 15:18).

Don't be resentful. If you continue to feel upset towards the ones who rejected you, it will only make it harder on yourself and will give them a type or reassurance that rejecting you was the right thing to do in their eyes.

Now when it comes to relationships, it's a bit of a different feeling. When you really like someone and they just don't reciprocate - that can make you feel pretty crappy as well. Take those tips and let it sink in.

Rejection happens but eventually, you forget it ever happened. All I'm hoping for is that one day something happens, and they either regret rejecting me or I realize I never needed them.