Reasons To Watch 'Deadly Class'

10 Reasons Why You Should Watch SyFy's New Show 'Deadly Class'

This is a show you'll definitely want to get behind and start binge-watching!

308
'Deadly Class'

"Deadly Class" is an action-drama series produced by the Russo brothers Anthony and Joe and is based on the graphic novel of the same name written by Rick Remender and illustrated by Wesley Craig. The show first aired on January 16th and is a coming-of-age story set in the 1980s.

The story follows a homeless teen named Marcus who is recruited into the secret King's Dominion Atelier of the Deadly Arts where students train to become the next generation of top assassins for global crime families. He struggles to find his place in this new environment and has to fight every day for survival. He finds a family in a group of outcast misfits who plan to use their skills to change the world for the better in a less orthodox way.

1. Accurate casting

The cast is amazing and they all really do resemble the characters they play. They're basically ripped from the pages. It's like the comic book characters stepped out into the real world.

2. Marcus' sarcasm

Literally, all of Marcus' lines crack me up, he is so sarcastic and I love it. It was hard for me to find my favorite line of his because he's always giving a witty remark of passionate speech. Not only is he sassy but he can't stand bullies, abusive boyfriends, or racists, he hates Ronald Reagan, throws drinks in Nazi's faces, and just wants to smoke weed with his friends while having deep conversations over video games. What more can you ask for? He's honestly the best character, all he does is stick up for his friends. I love my baby boy, he must be protected at all costs.

3. Lana Condor

As if we couldn't get enough of this cutie from "To All The Boys I've Loved Before," we now get to see more of her as Saya in "Deadly Class." However, she's not playing your typical sweet girl next door as she did with Lara Jean. Her character Saya is the complete opposite of Lara and fans will be pleasantly surprised to see how she's able to portray both people. Saya is this mysterious katana-wielding badass chick who wants to party forever and rule the world. I'm sure no matter who she plays, we'll love them all, because who doesn't love Lana?

4. Maria's smile

I MELT EVERY TIME SHE SMILES! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND HER SIGNATURE RED LIP IS JUST AMAZING. THAT'S IT THAT'S THE POST WHAT OTHER REASON DO YOU NEED TO WATCH IF THIS DOESN'T MOTIVATE YOU?

5. Saya and Maria's friendship

This isn't a scene from the show, it's just Lana and Maria being super cute together, but their chemistry is exactly the same on screen, as well. We absolutely love these besties, they're always looking out for each other and they're the perfect duo.

6. Willie and Marcus' friendship

I can't wait for more interactions with these two. They listen to each other, back each other up, and keep each other's secrets. Their friendship needs some work, but they're getting there, especially after the third episode. I can't wait to see the end result.

7. Benjamin Wadsworth

Our leading man Benjamin Wadsworth does such a great job playing Marcus Lopez Arguello. His facial expressions in each scene give me life, and honestly, have you seen this boy's face? His jawline and eyelashes are flawless and the cut in his eyebrow — ugh, I love.

8. The cliques

They're not your regular cliques from school (unless your high school had legacies of murderers) but the social hierarchy is the same. Just like the scene from "Mean Girls," Billy explains to Marcus how the school works by pointing out the different factions in the cafeteria. Rats — which is what Marcus is — are at the bottom of the food chain and are basically first-generation students who don't come from a criminal background. I just love the nostalgia of the different groups in high school.

9. How funny it is

"Yeah, that's hard to argue."

This show is just downright funny. It's overdramatic and edgy but so real and hilarious. You just need to watch it, please, it won't disappoint.

10. Animated flashbacks

The animated flashbacks that they feature in the show are not only aesthetically pleasing but are refreshing to see in contrast to the dark live-action show. It also is a way to show some scenes they can't adapt to television because of how mature the comic is.