5 Things You Absolutely NEED To Prepare For Dead Week

Dead week is a nightmare, here's some things to get you through it!

3

In preparation for college dead week coming up and students cramming for finals, there are essential items you must need. This week is every college student's nightmare, and possibly may be worse than finals themselves. Whether you're in the library, at your house, or in a classroom, these 10 essential items will get you through the day … or night!

Coffee

Unsplash

Okay, this is an obvious one. Coffee is an essential part of any college student's diet, but during dead week, go right to the venti or large coffee. The small ones won't do it, and you will just spend more money buying two!

Blanket

Unsplash

So, this one may be a little weird, but a blanket is a necessity.

I don't care if I'm in the library or on my couch, having a blanket will make you feel safe and sound when you're on the verge of tears after realizing all of the information you did not know! It will also keep you warm, and it's super simple to take on and off. You may think that people are staring at you, but I promise they are just jealous!

Advil

Unsplash

IMPORTANT! When studying late at night and fighting both a headache and sleep, you will want Advil, not Tylenol. Advil won't make you sleepy but will rid of all the aches and pains from sitting in the same chair with your head down studying for all those hours.

Baseball cap

Unsplash

Every now and then, you will want to take a five-minute snooze or rest your eyes. You know that if you leave wherever you are and close your books that you will not go back, so you have to stay where you are. In that case, bring a baseball cap and put your head down a little. It will allow you to close your eyes without anyone noticing. For the most part.

Snacks, snacks, snacks!

Unsplash

Bring snacks that you will enjoy! My best advice is to bring snacks and use them as your reward. After getting through a chapter or finishing a page of your paper, reward yourself with a nice sweet snack for a little bit of energy. But, don't use them as a meal supplement. You will be unhappy and you will get tired!