Ways To De-Stress

Ways To De-Stress

Channel your inner lazy cat

10
Ways To De-Stress

There are certain weeks that seem to stretch on forever, taking a toll on your physical and mental health. As I’ve encountered more and more of these weeks, I’ve found a few changes to my routine to help keep me sane.

1. The best change I made was adding a 1-1.5 hour nap every afternoon. I no longer have to worry about losing the energy to finish assignments. They say people in college should get around eight hours of sleep, but that’s easier said than done. Adding a simple nap refreshens your body and mind.

2. I also try to go to the gym every day. This doesn’t mean you have to do an intense workout, pushing yourself to the limit. Slow and steady still works out important muscles and energizes your body, while providing mental clarity. I’m left feeling refreshed and strong.

3. Lazy days are necessary to stay sane. Lie in bed doing absolutely nothing. Take the day to pamper yourself with a face mask or manicure (highly recommend all while in bed). Everyone needs a day to practice self-love and care. Stress takes a bigger toll on us than most people realize, so taking a day off really helps.

4. Eat with friends! It’s always good to socialize, especially with the people you love most. Laughter is the best medicine and pairs nicely with food (in my opinion at least).

The point is that we all need to take time to do the things we love. College and life in general is stressful, and we deserve a break. Let’s all love ourselves!