Dear College Best Friend, Thanks For Being Like A Family Member

Thanks for being my friend
322

College is a time to remember, especially when you have a great group of friends. At first, there's that awkward silence when the teacher asks to get in a group on the first day to get to know other people, but then a few months later, you found your family away from home. You find your group of friends that are like your family and you trust with everything. You'll also find your college best friend that will be like a family member to you. This is a letter to one of my college best friends.

Dear College Best Friend,

Since the first day of college orientation, I instantly knew that we would be friends. As first semester went on, we became closer and closer because we had each other. Even though we lived in different dorm towers, we still found ways to hang out and talk to each other as much as we could. I never thought that I would find great friends in college, but I guess I did, and meeting you was the best thing ever. So, thanks for being my best friend.

Thanks for listening to my rants

Honestly, I rant and complain a lot. So many things happen in a day that I need to tell someone about the ups and downs, the good and the bad. I need to get it out of my system and the first person I think of is you. I know I can talk way too much and I can be annoying has hell, but thanks for listening to my shit.

Thanks for handling me as a person

I can be a handful. I'm weird. I talk way too much. I say things that don't make sense. But, you love me for who I am and do whatever you can to keep being my weird, happy, self. So thank you, for handling me as a person.

Thanks for being my friend away from home

I was afraid that I would be alone in college after leaving my high school friends, despite the fact that I wanted to leave high school badly because I hated it. Meeting you was the best thing that ever happened since I walked through those college doors. We became the closest friends in such a short amount of time and I'm glad we became such great friends. So thanks, for being my friend away from home.

Thanks for being there for me.

In such a short amount of time, so much has happened. I lost my grandma, school seemed impossible, and I felt completely alone with no one to talk to. After telling you my grandma died, in less then 10 minutes, with a bag a chocolate and cookies, you comforted me as I felt heartbroken and alone. You were there for me when no one else was. That day, proved to me that you were my best friend. Thanks for being there for the good times and the bad times. Thanks for being there for me.

Thanks for being my college best friend.

Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for getting me food. Thanks for listening to me constantly about the most stupidest things. Thanks for being on video chat with me for 3 hours just to be there and let me talk. Thanks for being my college best friend. I don't know what I would do college without you.