10 Things To Do If You Are In The D.C. Area This Holiday Season

There's nothing like Christmas in the Nation's Capital.

17

Looking for something fun to do during the holidays? Well, if you're in the D.C. area this holiday season, here are 10 fun things to do to get in the Christmas spirit!

Go see the National Christmas Tree.

The National Christmas Tree

A beloved tradition, the National Christmas Tree in Washington gathers spectators from all across the nation, and is truly a marvelous sight.

Visit the National Zoo at night to see the festive event, ZooLights.

The ZooLights

After many of the animals have gone to sleep, the zoo comes to life for the holiday season, with light displays sure to evoke that true spirit of Christmas.

Attend a Capitals game.

A Capitals Game

After last season's win of the Stanley Cup, the Washington Capitals have contagious energy that brings spirit to both the season and the game.

Go to a performance of The Nutcracker at the Warner Theater.

The Nutcracker

Witness Clara's journey with an American twist, as George Washington takes the role of the famous Nutcracker.

See the holiday display at the Botanical Gardens.

The Botanical Gardens

Enjoy festive floral displays, filled with poinsettias galore!

Visit the National Harbor to see the Gaylord’s ICE exhibit.

ICE at The Gaylord

Sculptures of ice make art a part of the holiday season at the Gaylord in the National Harbor. This year's focus on Rudolph is sure to excite all onlookers!

Stroll through the Downtown Holiday Market.

The Holiday Market

Open noon to eight daily from November 23rd to December 23rd, the Holiday Market, which is located on F Street between 7th and 9th and across from the National Portrait Gallery, has tons of gifts made by local artisans and small business owners.

Go ice skating at The National Gallery of Art.

Ice Skating at the National Gallery

Located in the National Gallery of Art's Sculpture Garden, the ice skating rink makes for some good holiday fun in downtown D.C.

Walk through the D.C. City Center.

D.C. City Center

The City Center, which is home to many shops and restaurants as well as decorations that change every season, is a great place to experience some holiday lights and snag some great holiday photo opportunities.

See the holiday train display at Union Station.

Union Station Train Display

The wreathes and train displays in Union Station bring travelers and spectators alike Christmas cheer, with beautiful flowers and Christmas trees littering the station!