The Days Before Thanksgiving Break, As Told By A College Kid

35
Tiffany Sigafoose

So it's almost Thanksgiving break right? You're super excited and you can't wait to go home for the holidays. However, five of your professors handed out huge projects right before break and you know you'll be spending most of break studying, you realize once you're in college breaks are consumed by prepping for finals and the unlimited projects you have at steak. However, that doesn't crush your spirit, Thanksgiving break is what's getting you through this week!

You're excited to see your family and long lost friends from high school, and you're dying to get home. However, I feel like most college kids have similar thoughts right before we head home for the holidays. This article is a fun list that describes similar thoughts most of college kids share before we head home for the holidays.

1. So how many more tests do I have left?

This is really common for all of us, it seems like college professors all assign huge tests right before break. You have six projects, ten tests , and it's all in two days. However, the lingering thoughts of turkey and your own bed at home are what is getting you through right now. Your to do list is huge, but knowing that home awaits you is keeping you going.

2. Three more days, three more days....

Each day you probably remind yourself of how many days, hours and seconds you have until you can go home and forget about college stress for a few, small, really small hours. The countdown motivates you, through the struggle. However, the countdown is also the struggle because you want to go home so badly.

3. So. Much. Laundry.

At this point, you're laundry basket is overflowing and you don't even really care because you know you're going home in a few days, and won't have to fight for a washer and or dryer in the laundry room on campus. You are probably wearing the same three things over to make it until you get home, and you probably haven't organized your lights and darks yet either. You tell yourself that next semester you're going to do laundry every week and never let this overflow happen again.

4. Why did I procrastinate cleaning... all semester

If you were like me, you probably only cleaned your dorm before your parents came, and when you were having friends over, and now that you have to clean before you can leave, it's really messy and you're regretting procrastinating it all semester, you're telling yourself you're going to clean better next semester, even though deep down you know that probably isn't happening.

5. Do I have to leave my housemates?

When I had to leave my housemates, I got really sad. That is the worst part of break. You spend almost every waking hour with them, and then you have to spend a whole week apart, but you know you'll see them again in just a few short days. But those few short days feel like a lifetime and they're the other half of your heart. You eat with them, workout with them, vent to them, and cry with them and laugh with them. How will you survive the next few days without them is a mystery, but you know you'll be welcomed back after break with open arms!

So as college kids prepare for Thanksgiving break, I hope this gave everyone a good relatable laugh, and brightened up the stress of all the work and mixed emotions about going home and leaving your friends. It's only a few more days away. Then it's time for the holiday season. So pack your bags and clean your dorms, because it's just around the corner, you've got this. Hang it there!