Every Day Of a College Kid's Week As Told By "The Office"

Dunder Mifflin helps us with Monday-Sunday.

41
Davidwarkentin

College kids live in a bubble all of their own. Days go slow, weeks seem quick, and semesters fly by. Caught up in the monotony of school work week after week all the while fascinated by the wonders of night life, few can so easily summarize a typical Monday-Sunday for every college kid. However, in the midst of my most recent, well rather constant, Netflix binge cycle, a group of characters conveyed the most accurate feelings, emotions, and expressions shared by college-aged kids all over. Who more iconic than The Office cast?

Monday

Oh the drudgery. The realization that the first of ten alarms has sounded off, officially waking you up to a new week of same old same old.

These are the days where you use the last possible snooze you can.

You put little effort into your appearance (though not always unusual of other days) and hope others accept that PJs are your outfit of choice for the day.

Once finally reaching class and opening that assignment book that hasn't been touched all weekend, and realize you have no idea what's going on.

The amount of responsibilities is all you need to realize that this is going to be a long week.

Tuesday

Well, one day down and there's still not much to look forward too. Some call it, let me say, the day of the Monday hangover.

This is also a day where we have lots of classes because why not load it up in the middle of the week.

Unfortunately, this is also a day professors love to have tests. Oh we'll give you all weekend and even Monday to study! Setting you up for success, they say. Giving you another reason to have a bad Monday, we say.

Wednesday

All of a sudden, you decide that today will be productive. But only because if you get it done now, the weekend is yours. And we do believe the weekend starts on Thursday, right?

And of course it's Hump Day. You're revived. You can stay up all night accomplishing maybe one of the six tasks left on your list.

Close enough.

Thursday

Oh my, once we get through class today, the weekend opens itself to us. It's overdrive at class today.

That homework due tonight that the professor said would take an hour? Oh it's done in 15 minutes max.

After being a good student today, you are surely due for a nap. Long week and long night ahead, I deserve it right?

Then the eyelashes, crop tops, costumes, togas, and heels too high to walk all over the outskirts of campus in come out in full force once 11 pm rolls around.

Thursdays are fun because they so quickly become Friday. And who doesn't love Fridays?

Friday

Well these mornings are likely no fun, but still better than a Monday morning.

Often we barely have class these days because why schedule class early when you know how Thursdays get and why have late classes when you know you'll want to leave for home as early as possible on those weekends with nothing going on.

There's really two options for those staying on campus on a Friday. Number one is sleep. The week has finally caught up to you and well, you may be having Thursday round 2 that night.

Number two is deciding to be adventurous. It's the case where you realize there is a world outside of campus and the three restaurants you go to during the week.

Saturday

In the fall, Saturdays are game days and it couldn't be better. Tailgating, cute outfits (that make you sweat, blister, or freeze though), and your team. These are the weekends you live for.

If you're bold enough to go out for the third night in a row, well, I just say good luck. Win or lose during the day.

Sunday

Oh sweet, sweet bed. How I've missed you so much. Even though you've seen too much of your comfy cove in reality, it feels like sleep has missed you the past days.

Knowing that this is supposed to be the day you get your life together, you eventually arise mid afternoon. Good job.

Then at night we know that so much awaits us this coming week. But no, we'll save it for tomorrow.

Well thank you, Dwight, Michael, Angela, Jim, Kevin and the rest of Dunder Mifflin. College is a weird place and a weird time. Thanks for helping us get through it.