its day i don't even know of quarantine

its day i don't even know of quarantine

The days are getting longer and so is the time that we've been in lockdown because of some bat :)

15
its day i don't even know of quarantine

Quarantine has hit everyone hard. Its been tough to adjust to a life where we have to be careful of the people we see and the places we visit. Between having to finish my sophomore spring semester online and using grocery trips as an excuse to leave my house, things were getting pretty monotonous for a while there. But, with the semester having ended, I'm stuck.

Mentally, I have not been in the best place. Yet, I still can't help but feel selfish. I am luckier than some when it comes to the life I get to live even in quarantine. I do not flaunt it on social media. Yet, I know that I could be doing more on my part to make sure that this virus does not skyrocket again. But can you blame me? I continuously struggle to adjust and when I do it can be done a little late. My body has become sensitive to the smallest of things and I find myself with stomach, body, and head aches.

All in all, it can be a bit overwhelming to do so much nothing. Like I said though, I am luckier than some. I have people I love by my side, people who would do anything to make sure that I am okay through all of this craziness. I am incredibly grateful for these people because I know that without them, I would be doing much worse than I currently am. But, other than the lack of social interaction and blatant boredom, I'm doing pretty decent.

I spend lots of time watching YouTube videos or series on streaming services. There's never a time when I'm not talking to my boyfriend or friends. I have a neighborhood big enough for me to take a stroll around when things get too much. On the bright side, restrictions are slowly being lifted. We just have to remain positive and hopeful for our futures and think of the better things that are to come. I want nothing more than to return to Rutgers in the fall. So please, continue to social distance and be mindful of your actions.

With love,

Arielle :)