I'm Dating To Find The One And It's Exhausting

I'm The Girl Trying To Find The One In A Generation That's Tired Of Dating, And It's Exhausting

From getting butterflies to getting ghosted.

246
Lexi Schroeder

Before I get into it, I will say I'm not against having something casual with someone.

In fact, that's pretty much what I've been doing since I've been single. But where the problem comes in at is when I begin to catch feelings for someone and it doesn't work out because they're not ready or looking for something long-term.

I'm a 21-year-old girl in college... and as many of you would think, college is basically a big hook up culture. Although I started off my freshman year in a relationship and continued it until the end of my sophomore year, it's been quite a battle finding something commitment worthy.

Half the generation is set on having fun and having something causal while the other half is looking to settle down with someone.

I like being in a relationship. I like feeling like I'm wanted. I'm a very picky person though when it comes to a potential boyfriend and 100 percent of the guys who I potentially wanted to start a relationship with either played me or told me they weren't looking for anything serious since I've been single.

I'm not bashing guys for telling me that either... because I've been there. I wouldn't say finding a boyfriend is hard in today's generation because there are plenty of guys out there looking for a relationship, but me personally, I don't want to commit to someone I'm not completely sure about because I date to marry.

I don't want to waste my time on guys who I don't see a future with. I try not to get my hopes up in a generation dating like this.

There have been a couple of guys who I was completely sure about in the last year, but those relationships all ended with my heart being broken. And honestly, when I really start to like a guy, I expect the worse because most of the time it's too good to be true.

I'm not actively looking for a relationship because I don't want to be disappointed, but if the right guy comes into my life I'm not opposed to telling him I like him and potentially starting something good.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.