Dating For The Strong Woman

Dating For The Strong Woman

How a woman should date in 2016

7
Dating For The Strong Woman
SheKnows

As young women, we all get dating advice. Some from our parents, most from our friends and sometimes from the weird guy who hangs around the supermarket. Sometimes it can be helpful, while other times... not so much. Dating is hard, but following these simple women-empowering steps might be able to weed out the good advice from the bad, and also to guarantee a good date.

Number one, getting ready. When going out on a date, or anywhere for that matter, we spend so much time on our hair, nails, makeup, outfit, and everything else. If you're spending over three hours getting ready to just be uncomfortable, then you're obviously doing something wrong. You take all this time and get all dolled up for someone who probably just rolled out of bed and barely brushed his teeth. Why waste your time getting uncomfortable when he probably won't even notice?

Number two, picking a restaurant. Most girls usually let the guy pick the restaurant, probably because he's the one who asked her out. In order to avoid not having a good time, you should try to decide on a restaurant you both enjoy.

Number three, ordering the salad part one. Yuck! This is my biggest pet peeve. Do you know how many times my best friend told me girls aren't supposed to order anything other than a light salad or pasta on a first date? No! I don't know about any of you, but i like to eat. If you want a cheeseburger then eat a cheeseburger. If you want ribs, then get ribs. Get whatever you want, don't order something that you don't want because you're afraid of what he may think of you.

Number four, ordering a salad part two. If you're ever on a date, and you're ordering a salad because you don't want the bill to be "expensive", then you're stupid. If he invited you on a date then you order whatever you want. And no, I don't mean be spiteful and see how much you're able to get out of him. What I'm saying is order whatever you want to order. If you guys decided on a budget beforehand, then thats different. But if he sits down and orders the steak, then whats wrong with you having the same thing?

Number five, conversing. Now I know from personal experience, most guys hate dating girls that are smarter than them. Which makes them seem much more stupid than they actually are. Men, women, whoever you are, do not be afraid to show own your intelligence. It is okay to be smart. If they start to squirm then that just means you don't need to be involved with that particular person. Find someone who'll help you embrace you, not someone who'll try to put an end to it.

Number six, talking about things that interest you without overpowering the conversation. The whole idea of a date is to get to know one another. It's not for one person to get to know the other. Try to "ping pong" the conversation. Find out what they're interested in while also allowing them to find out what you're interested in. This way you don't feel like you wasted your time.

Number seven, the actual end. By now your date is probably over, you've eaten what you wanted and you may have had a good time. And you may even want to go out again, but he seems to be hesitant. So take charge! Be a strong woman who knows what you want. If you want a second date, then talk about a second date. If you don't want a second date then let them know. Politely tell them you don't want to see them again. That's that! You have no idea what it feels like waiting for a call you're probably never going to get. Just be honest.

Now I didn't make this a rule because this should be completely up to you, But if you both end up having a good time, and you want to have an even better time somewhere else, then so be it. Why should you worry about who's going to say what? Slut shaming is so 1990. Don't let anyone stop you from having a good time. Now if you don't want to end the date on this good of a note and they continue to pressure you, then the date was only a decoy for sex. He or she had absolutely no interest in you, only in what you had to offer. Dump them, they probably won't change. Don't think he or she will change after the fourth or fifth date. They won't. Trust me.

I know dating could be a stressful experience. As young adults, especially young women, we're pressured to settle down and start a life as soon as possible. Well it's the 21st century, as women we should be able to enjoy our lives without the pressure of our "patriarchal" society.