The Typical Moments Of Dating In College, As Told by Drake Gifs

Every college student can relate to the expert on relationships and heartbreak himself.
103

Dating in college is a strange and mysterious thing, and Drake, as we all know, is the expert on relationships and heartbreak. Keep reading to see how much you relate to Drake in your college relationships.

1. Meeting People

While the general expectation is that you’ll meet people at college parties, the truth is parties are not the best place. With the loud music and dancing, everyone will be too preoccupied with having a good time with their friends to spend their nights looking for potential soulmates. You are more likely to meet people at other social events.

2. Online Dating

We all get to this stage at some point. Whether you want a serious relationship, a fling, or a best friend (this is offered by BumbleBFF for all of you who want to find some more friends, because no one can ever have enough friends), or just make an account as a joke with your best friend at 2am and end up going on as a way to pass your free time, you will eventually get to your Tinder/Bumble phase. And when you do, just remember not to have any shame. The use of these apps has become increasingly common.

3. Drunk Texting

You can either be the drunk texter or the drunk text receiver, but either way, you know there will be regrets in the morning.

4. The 2 AM Text

Didn’t anyone ever tell you nothing good ever happens after 2 AM? Okay, I stole that quote from a How I Met Your Mother episode, but there is some validity to the point. Only memorable situations occur after 2 AM. And when you get a text at 2:35 AM from that guy you’ve been thinking was really cute, just know what you’re getting yourself into. Because we all know what the text means.

5. Time Management

College is definitely very busy. With every student encouraged to join multiple clubs, jobs, and internships, while maintaining a social life and a high GPA, it can definitely be hard to find the time to be in any sort of romantic relationship on top of that.

6. You “don’t like him”

Not many people want to be in a serious relationship in college. When you start catching feelings for someone, you already know all of the complicated entanglements it will bring. So, you convince yourself you do not have feelings. But everyone knows you feel differently.

7. Dating

You finally give in, because you can’t believe how much you like the guy. I mean, is he serious? He must have the best looks, the best personality, and the best brains to attract someone like you. Just know you’re both broke college students, so most of your time spent together will most likely be spent in each other’s dorms.

8. After the Breakup

Dating in college is especially hard, because even when you leave campus to go to your home, most likely you are still on campus, or at least very close by. Chances are you will constantly be running into your ex, causing the both of you to take considerable means to avoid each other at all costs, or pretending everything is perfect when you do finally interact with each other. You will also, unfortunately, have a first-hand seat to each other's dating excursions.

9. Celebrity Crushes

Everyone has their celebrity crushes, and going to college is not going to change that. If anything, living and being on campus increases the chance of seeing your celebrity crush. In the three months, I have been at USC, I have already encountered Josh Peck, David Dobrik, and Liza Koshy. Zac Efron visited USC a couple of days ago. Though I did not get to meet him, my childhood crush on him was revived and I am extremely jealous of everyone that did run into him at the gym.

10. Girl Talk

Everyone needs their best friend to lean their shoulder on, and to rant about their boy problems too. And that definitely does not change during college. If anything, it increases, because the boys seem to be even more confusing than ever. You’ll find yourself face timing your best friends from different universities just to tell them about that one cute guy, or a cute date. Or you spam your best friend and run to meet her to recount every cute person you saw that day. Either way, they help you to realize how amazing you are, single or in a relationship. Appreciate yourself and embrace your personality.