I Don't Like Dating Apps Because People Pretend To Be Someone They're Not

This definitely applies to the dating world.

189

It is common for people to pretend to be someone that they are not. This definitely applies to the dating world. I wonder why people feel like they need to go through the trouble to put up a facade to impress someone. If everyone is being themselves from the beginning, then it would be much easier. You would know sooner rather than later if it is possible to have a serious relationship with someone.

There is nothing worse than someone pretending to be perfect at the beginning of a relationship. With acting like they can spoil you rotten by taking you out on expensive dates, or trips, knowing they cannot afford it. Or someone treating you with respect, but you eventually realize that they are actually a disrespectful person.

This is the main reason why I would not like to be set up on blind dates, do online dating, or use dating apps. I know that online dating or using dating apps is really popular with people always using the internet. It may seem like an easier way to find a significant other. However, it is much easier for people to lie about what they look like, where they are from, where they live, their education level, financial status, and their past relationships.

There is no reason for all of that stress with having to worry about if people are telling the truth about who they really are. Of course, it is obvious that lying only will lead to heartbreak. I know it is sad to wonder if there is really such a thing as true love? Or is finding a soulmate is overrated? It seems like finding love in the movies is really easy. That is not the case in real life. Everyone does not get a happily ever after, unfortunately.

I know it seems like I am totally against dating. No, I am not. But I do not like when people think it is okay to play with a person's emotions.