7 Questions To NEVER Ask On Dating Apps

7 Questions You Should NEVER Ask On Dating Apps If You Want The Connection To Survive Quarantine

Nobody has time for this.

216

Now that most of the world is in quarantine and people are losing their minds, single people are getting bored (and lonely) and downloading dating apps on a whim to ease their cabin fever. I, myself. have done this several times already, so I'm not judging. It is easy to start a conversation and then just abandon ship when things go south or to the middle of nowhere.

That said, if you're actually hoping to make the connection last so you can one day meet in real life, there are things you should and shouldn't say. Have no fear, for I am here to give some quick tips on how to be slick as butter. Here are seven things you should never ask on a dating app:

1. Why are you on the dating apps?

It can be a very tempting question to ask, but it's stating the obvious. By looking at the person's bio, their pictures, and who they say they are, it should be crystal clear why they are on the app. Also, the person can easily lie to you if you ask and expect a genuine response.

2. I see you are [INSERT JOB], how much money do you make?

It's rude to ask about finances. If you are looking for a sugar daddy, then I suggest going on one of the dating apps where you do not need to ask that question.

3. Can you send nudes?

In my opinion, it's over the line of creepy and not classy at all. Need I say more?

4. So, you're a Republican/Democrat?

Yea, I know, it can be a hard subject to avoid. Now that things are heating up and getting into high gear, who wouldn't want to make a comment and look like a jerk in the process? (Real smooth… not!) This can raise red flags and a lot of heated discussions that may not end pleasantly.

5. What are your religious beliefs?

Call me old-fashioned, or just an old soul, but I believe talking about what your religious views are on a dating app is too soon to ask. If the person states their religious status or belief on their profile, you should not feel the need to immediately talk about it.

6. What's the deal with your ex? Do you still talk?

Avoid talking about exes and asking the whereabouts of their failed relationship in a curious manner. This is a very addicting subject to discuss. I, myself, have been in hot water far too many times when I overstepped this boundary. I always felt like a fool when it got really awkward and cringy. People on dating apps want to have a good time, the last thing they want to hear is about your terrible experience with someone else or having to remember their terrible times with someone they don't associate with anymore.

7. Can I ask you another question?

There is such a thing as asking too many questions. Do not ask too many questions, especially in a row! If you think about how a dating app is used by a population, people are not on it all day (except maybe now during these times, I'm not really an expert). Those users you swipe on or like are also using the app to cure their boredom. They will give you the attention they see fit, so, don't get your panties in a bunch if people aren't talking to you.

My suggestion is to take time and go slow. Why rush anyway? It's not like anyone can really go anywhere now. So sit back, keep swiping, clicking and liking while you enjoy time to yourself.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.