19 Adventurous Dates Around Clemson That Are Better Than Netflix & Chill

Try the outdoors for once.

3473
Instagram

Tired of boring dates and just sitting around watching movies? Do you want to try new experiences with your significant other but are out of fresh ideas? Here are some great adventurous dates that beat watching Netflix any day.

1. Head over to the Botanical Gardens

It's gorgeous and free, so you can't go wrong!

2. Go bowling either in the union or nearby Anderson or Greenville

3. Take a day trip to Asheville, North Carolina

You can spend the day hiking, checking out breweries and restaurants, or shopping in the malls, outlet malls, or shops downtown. You could also take a trip to the Biltmore Estate.

4. Spend the day in Atlanta

World of Coke, the zoo, the Georgia Aquarium, the Olympic park, etc. There is unlimited choices in what you can do in Atlanta!

5. Rent kayaks or paddleboards on Lake Hartwell

If that's not your scene, you can also just lay on the beach or play volleyball.

6. Go skating at Skateland USA in Anderson

7. Watch the sunset

There are an infinite amount of places to catch a sunset. Head up to the top floor of a Core building to see the sun set over the dikes and Death Valley. Watch the sunset from the beach at Lake Hartwell. You get the picture

8. Go hiking

Download the app AllTrails for all of the nearest hiking spots. I recommend Caesars Head and Table Rock State Park if you don't mind a drive.

9. Eat at Vangeli's Bistro in Seneca, SC

The chef changes the menu every week and there is a large wine list to pair with your meal. It's recommended that you make a reservation before going due to size and popularity. If you have to wait, walk down Ram Cat Alley, which is filled with boutiques and shops.

10. Or go to Brews On The Alley

It's right down the street from Vangeli's and features an extensive lineup of craft beers and espresso.

11. Go "house hunting" around Lake Keowee

Hop in the car and head out to the Lake Keowee area. All of the houses are gorgeous, so it makes the choice of dream home pretty challenging.

12. Taste test whiskey and moonshine at Palmetto Distillery in Anderson

13. Go mini golfing, go karting, and/or play laser tag

The closest locations are either Sweet Retreat Fun Park in Wahalla or Frankie's Fun Park in Greenville.

14. Cook or bake a new recipe together

If you're competitive, you can always have a cookie decorating contest.

15. Go see a movie

Either catch a free movie in Hendrix or head out toward Anderson, Seneca, or Greenville. Always show your CUID for a student discount.

16. Search for the secret book

17. Cheer on Clemson athletics

Go to a football, basketball, or baseball game. If you really want the full experience, tailgate beforehand obviously!

18. Spend the day in Greenville

Check out Falls Park on the Reedy, grab some food, go shopping, walk around the Greenville Zoo, etc. There is plenty to do in Greenville once you get there!

19. Go to a concert or play

Either see a free Clemson sponsored concert or head to Atlanta or Greenville for a concert of your choice. Head to Atlanta or Greenville for plays and musicals or stay here in Clemson and see student performances!