Date Party Told by 'Bridesmaids'

Date Party Told by 'Bridesmaids'

The hot mess social function told by the host mess of a cast of Bridesmaids

12
Date Party Told by 'Bridesmaids'

Each semester there is a social function called date party. The infamous date party has a reputation of being the night you will probably forget. There are always massive pregames and bottles being chugged until the last step onto the bus. You wear super uncomfortable but cute shoes that you will most likely take off after five minutes of dancing. About 60% of the night will consist of hanging onto the bar waiting for a drink, 30% dancing, and 10% going to the bathroom or having snacks—sometimes having snacks as you go to the bathroom. Describing date party to anyone that hasn’t been to one is pretty hard, but thankfully the ladies of "Bridesmaids" make it slightly easier.

You have to carb up before you start pregaming, but give yourself enough time so you can fit into your dress without feeling bloated. I usually have pasta with no sauce or alfredo. The last thing you want to do is throw up red sauce later on.

Getting ready and pregaming is highly suggested especially if you are part of the few that have the magical power of becoming a make up guru when you are slightly buzzed. This also is the time to be able to chug without the use of the straw since you don’t have your lipstick on yet.

Actually getting to the pregame is always the big question. If you are hosting the pregame, good for you, but have fun cleaning tomorrow morning while you’re hungover. If the house is close to you, definitely walk just take your time so your feet don’t start hurting. If it is far from where you live, call campus transportation or in today’s time just give up and get an Uber!

The pregame is when you have to learn how to balance taking pictures and getting tipsy enough to give you a buzz for the bus ride to the venue. To make it easier, just hide your drink behind the other person so when there is a down time during photos you can drink.

Getting to the busses is usually a struggle because you are rushing to chug your drink since most times you are not allowed to bring any alcoholic beverages on the bus. If you are too drunk you have to keep yourself from throwing up without being too obvious. The worst part about the busses is waiting outside the venue until you are allowed to go into the venue. One of the benefits of getting on the first bus is that you get in first but that is usually for the people that aren’t still chugging their drinks.

Walking into the venue can be either the most annoying thing or the most nerve racking thing depending if you are 21, not 21 but using a fake or duped ID, or under 21 and just trying to get in to dance. Most places give wristbands out and then mark people’s hands that are under 21 with big black X’s.

Getting into the venue is usually where all the girls run to the bathroom as their dates run to the bar. If it is only a single person bathroom please just group up and pee as fast as you can.

Once you’re all fixed up and ready to drink all the girls usually head for the bar and then to the seating area to take more pictures and drink before dancing. If your date is nice enough he will usually get you a drink so you don’t have to deal with the line.

Then after two drinks everyone believes they can dance so everyone gets on the dance floor. Most of the time drinks are spilled often and feet are stepped on.

Eventually you run out of money or someone has cut you off from buying more drinks so you just give up and dance the rest of the night away while eating chicken fingers.

Then it comes time to get on the busses to head back to campus. Finding your shoes, bag, and date are usually a common problem so finding at least one of those is a win in my books. Once you're on the busses you again try not to throw up and just get back to campus.

Once you are back to campus you find your way home and either order Dominos or just pass out in bed while eating chips and queso.

In the morning you are awaken by that annoying thing called the sun and realize your brain is mush. Looking at your phone consists of a bunch of “Are you okay” and “Where are you” texts along with Instagram notifications. The positive way to look at it is that you must have had fun last night if you feel that bad in the morning.