21 Cute Dates Every 20-Something Should Go On At Least Once In Their Life
Health Wellness

Catch my single butt still doing some of these with my best friends.

180
Tim Gouw

It has been a while since I have been on a REAL date, but that got me to thinking about some of the incredibly cute date ideas that I miss. I also would love to partake in some of these ideas, even if it is a date with just my best friend! Butler has a pretty awesome campus that allows some of these ideas to be pretty convenient, while also fairly close to campus overall. So either take your best friend or your significant other and try out a new and exciting way to not only get to know them more but show them how much you care about them.

1. Tuttles Orchard

They have some pretty awesome events. Typically in August, they start their sunflower patches which are so aesthetically pleasing.

2. Go get ice cream.

There are way too many ice cream shops that go unnoticed by a ton of people, so try a new ice cream parlor and get you a tasty treat!

3. Go to Top Golf.

They have some pretty goods deals, so look at their times and you can go for just $15.

4. Teach each other something new.

Whether it be teaching them how to cook a new meal or taking them for their first-time rock climbing. You never know what you both will really like if you don't try new things every once in a while.

5. Go vintage clothes shopping.

This is simple, but the Broad Ripple area has quite a few vintage clothing shops. How fun would it be to pick out clothes for your significant other to try on??

6. Find a unique and interesting food place.

Just like the ice cream shops, there are way too many food places to try out -- especially if you are in the Broad Ripple area. I know this can get expensive, but look up cheap options or save up and make it a special night.

7. $5 Tuesdays at AMC Theater.

I am not sure when this one ends officially, but throughout the rest of the summer for AMC Stubs members they have $5 Tuesday movies -- which is a steal!

8. Go kayaking, tubing, skiing or hiking.

9. Do a high ropes course.

Butler's High Ropes Course has an event twice a year where they let anyone go on the course -- subtle plug since I work here -- but it is incredibly fun and a great way to get out of your comfort zone!

10. Find a hammock spot.

This one is really fun and extremely comfy -- especially when you snag some blankets and pillows and find a great spot to stargaze for a cute night date.

11. Have a Redbox, HULU, Or Netflix movie night.

Think of all the cuddle sessions that will come out of this -- you're welcome.

12. Go out for brunch.

Even if you do not like breakfast food, there are other places to go -- but like I mean come on, who doesn't like breakfast?

13. Go stargazing.

See number 6.

14. Go swing dancing.

There is a theater on Mass. Ave that does swing dancing every other Friday!

15. Go to the gym or do yoga together.

Not only does this involve going somewhere with your significant other, but you can both go off to do your own workouts or be in the same vicinity as the other and still be spending time together.

16. Be a tourist in your own city.

There is always something new and interesting to find when you decide to tour your city in a newer light.

17. Go for a picnic.

This is such a cute date that is really underrated and never really done anymore!

18. Make your significant other dinner.

I would die if my significant other decided to surprise me one night and made me dinner or just my favorite meal -- so try surprising yours or do like I suggested earlier and try something new.

19. Go on a bike ride together.

Just like going to the gym this is still a fun way to spend time together but also get some exercise in as well.

20. Take advantage of Groupon.

Groupon has some great deals when it comes to couples. They also always have some good date ideas for really cheap!

21. Go to a fair or carnival.

Not only can you try all the rides together, but you can eat all the food together. Plus you can try to get them to win you a cute stuffed animal!