Why Dark Colors Make The Best Clothes

Why Dark Colors Make The Best Clothes

There is no better color to wear.

4
Why Dark Colors Make The Best Clothes
Vintagedancer

If your wardrobe is like mine, you'll find a ton of black leggings and black T-shirts. That's just my aesthetic. My closet is an endless pit of black clothes that are slightly faded from so many washes. This can make finding things to wear super hard. Since almost everything looks so similar, if I'm looking for one shirt, in particular, it's going to take me at least 20 minutes.

This is bad news for me in the summer, especially. Black attracts the heat. So when it's a really hot day, you can be sure I'm dying a little. At least dark clothes are pretty good at hiding sweat marks.

Although all my clothes may look the same to people I know, I'm aware that they all have different fits, styles, and quotes that differentiate them. I am a constant offender of the black on black outfit. Firstly, black is the most slimming color, so why not wear it? Also, black goes with anything. You can wear all black and then some red lipstick and you can make a statement.

Although people may mistake you for emo or hardcore, you know that black is just the most convenient color. When you wear brighter colors, you just feel weird. There's that one shirt in your closet that is a different color, like pink or yellow. You bought it because you think about changing things up a bit, but it ends up collecting dust in the back of the closet. You have other friends that dress super colorful and girly, but that's just not you.

Black can be super edgy and cool. It's also so easy to pair a black outfit with crazy jewelry to dress it up or give your look a different vibe. Black is flattering on everyone. I will be the first to admit that I am ridiculously pale, but I don't think black clothes flush me out, but add a bit of pizazz. Black clothes can also be used to stand out or blend in based on what your feeling that day. Darker clothes are just so versatile -- you can do whatever you want with them.

Black exudes confidence, too. It's seen as an out-there fashion statement that can define your sense of style. Dark clothes can also be seen as very professional. Why do you think most of the suits and pant suits you see are black or gray? Dark clothes have a lot of positive attributes which make them so popular. Black never goes out of style, and there's always new things you can get. New boots, different cuts of shirts and different sizes that give you a new look every day. So don't let others tell you that you wear too much black because let's be honest, there is no better color to wear to match what you are feeling.