5 Reasons To Incorporate Dandelion Into Your Diet

From the root to the flower, every part of a dandelion is beneficial to the human body.
34

From the root to the flower, every part of a dandelion is beneficial to the human body. As seen from teachings explained by whole foods expert Paul Pitchford, dandelion has been used for centuries due to its cooling and drying properties. With its ability to cool and reduce heat, dandelion is suggested for excess energy in the body. Here we look at 5 reasons to incorporate dandelion into your diet.

1. Antiviral properties

When flu season hits, everyone starts taking alternatives to fight off the virus. Dandelion should be one of those alternatives. Not only does the bitterness reduce excess in the body and liver, dandelion also contains several vital nutrients that keep the body clean and healthy. This is why so many people use it in the form of coffee replacement, tea, or an elixir.

2. Antifungal properties

Due to its natural antifungal properties, eating the root or leaf of dandelion can help keep bad fungus growth away. This is beneficial for anyone who experiences candida yeast infections, skin irritations, or disruptions in the gastrointestinal tract. Clearing the cause of the fungus can help prevent acute and chronic instances of fungal related issues.

3. Bitter taste

The bitter quality of dandelion helps to drain various damp-related conditions. We experience this every day in the form of candida, mucus, skin issues, tumors, cysts, etc. Therefore the bitterness of the dandelion helps to soothe heat and dry dampness internally.

4. A vital alternative to supplements

Eating dandelion greens and boiling dandelion root can be an excellent alternative to purchasing nutrient supplements. Dandelion is high in levels of chlorophyll, Provitamin A, and Silicon, making it a necessary addition to your shopping list.

Like parsley, kale, wheatgrass, micro-algae, and several other green plants, dandelion has a high chlorophyll content. Chlorophyll helps to stop the spread of bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms. It also promotes the growth of health, beneficial flora while also helping to purify the body.

Provitamin A is better known as beta-carotene and is widely used to benefit the liver. Because the liver is the location in which subtle protein metabolism takes place, it is important to keep this organ healthy and flowing. By eating green leafy vegetables, such as dandelion greens, you will nurture and nourish the liver.

Silicon consumption is essential for everyone, especially those with calcium deficiencies. Silicon is vital in the body’s use of calcium to improve bone strength. Individuals who are rebuilding connective tissue, tendons and cartilage should eat more silicon-rich foods, such as dandelion.

5. Use as an elixir

Whether you are trying to do a quick cleanse or adopting a change in your eating habits, incorporating a dandelion elixir is a must. Containing the root in a tea form, dandelion as an elixir has a powerful effect on helping to purge excess heat in the body. If you do not have access to fresh dandelion, take a look in the tea section at the food store and start there.