Dance To The Music

Dance To The Music

The top EDM tracks in my opinion

12
Dance To The Music
Wallpapers Wide

I’ve been listening to a LOT of EDM lately. EDM means Electronic Dance Music, in case you didn’t know, but NOW THAT YOU KNOW YOUR LIFE SHOULD BE DIFFERENT NOW. So I decided to give you guys some of the best tracks that I know of in the EDM world. These are either tracks that I’ve listened recently or the some throwbacks that I know of.

Children – Robert Miles

This one is seriously one of the best. “Children” was written by Italian composer Robert Miles in January 1995. It was debuted at a nightclub in 1995 and it went big. The song is Miles' most successful single, being certified Gold and Platinum in several countries. It’s one of those awesome instrumental tracks that you can listen to over and over again.

Rapture – iio

Rapture is another one of those songs from the early 2000’s that’s quite well known. Re-listening to this song a couple years ago is what really got me back into the EDM scene. Nadia Alli is such an amazing singer. I’ll have a song later that is from her solo stuff. “Rapture” has charted in more than ten countries. It is such a catchy tune and I can’t skip it if it comes up on my phone.

Here On Earth – Tiësto featuring Cary Brothers

This song is such a good song. It features one of my favorite artists named Cary Brothers. He’s a singer-songwriter but also gets featured on a lot of EDM tracks. Now THAT is a man who can do both. He’s only not bad on the ears, but also on the eyes (inserts heart eyes emoji here.) I love DJs who feature artists like him. I think more singer-songwriters should be featured on EDM tracks. Tiësto is a more well-known DJ, so you may have heard of his other stuff. I, however, have not. I will make a mental note to check some of his stuff out.

Start to Feel –Cosmic Gate featuring Cary Brothers

I was going to put this one as an honorable mention, but I decided why not add it. This song is another good one featuring Cary. Cosmic Gate has a lot of stuff I like and even has his own radio show where he just plays his hits and other tracks he finds that are great. EDM artists are so great to promote each other and that is such a huge thing in the music world.

Liberate – Eric Prydz

This song was EVERYWHERE a couple summers ago. This song is catchy and such a contagious hit. Eric Prydz is a Sweedish DJ. This song was well-known worldwide when it was the title track from “Forza Horizons,” which is a video game. I did my research for that. I did not hear this song from some Xbox One racing game. I heard it on Spotify, like everyone else did.

Siren – Kat Krazy

Some songs I associate deep meanings to, especially if they were played on a TV show. I can remember this exact moment on Degrassi when this song was played and what was happening. This song does not only have a cool beat and breakdowns, but also the lyrics are great.

Alive - Krewella

I am a huge fan of Krewella. This song was just so contagious, you can’t help but it dance a little after the chorus (Come on make me feel alive, feel alive, feel alive etc.) If you’re in the EDM world and haven’t heard this song, you have lived under a rock. I’ve heard recently that they’ve broken up or one of the band members left and this makes me quite sad.

Prayer in C – Lily Wood and The Prick (Robin Schulz Remix)

This song got a lot of hype in summer 2014. In doing my research of this song, I recently found something out. This song is not an “EDM song.” The song was originally done by French-Israeli folk pop duo Lilly Wood and the Prick, originally released on their album Invincible Friends in 2010. In 2014, German DJ and record producer Robin Schulz remixed the song, and the remix was re-released on June 2014. I’ve listened to the original and I really hate to say that the remixed version is better. Just think of the song, but way slower. Musical Technology these days, eh?

Save Me -Gareth Emery featuring Christina Novelli

I’ve gotten into Gareth Emery a lot recently because I’ve listened to his podcast Electric For Life. It’s basically a weekly podcast of the greatest EDM tracks of that week for an hour. It’s so great. It’s where I’m finding a lot of neat songs. This is the first song I heard from him, it was on a Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify one week and it caused me to click on the artist to help me find more stuff. Discovering music is my favorite thing to do.

Derlious (Boneless) – Steve Aoki featuring Kid Ink

If you ever want to hear me white girl rap, just play this song in my presence and I’ll go to town. I probably shouldn’t admit that otherwise it’ll be like a challenge. Not to mention white girl dance, I go hard on this song! But seriously, I love this song so much. I’ve heard of Kid Ink and heard a couple of songs and they’re good. Singer-songwriters are not only fun on EDM tracks but also rappers.

Pressure – Nadia Alli

This is the song I was telling you about earlier. This is one of those songs that not only are the beats great, the lyrics are deep. It’s about just the pressures of life and it seems that everyone wants something from you. I feel that all the time. Her voice is awesome and I like listening to the other stuff she does.

Missing – Everything But The Girl

This is one of those songs that isn’t an “EDM song” but it turned into one when it got remixed so many times. It’s another classic song. It’s one of those songs that if you haven’t heard it, you’ve lived under a rock. I haven’t heard a real bad remix of this song, sure some of them are long, which is why they’re called extended remixes.

In Time (Singularity Remix) – PeaceTreaty

I had to search deep into a playlist for another song I might have missed and I found this one. PeaceTreaty is what the people in the band call themselves a “musical partnership.” They’re from Los Angeles, so they play there all the time with Steve Aoki, The Starkillers and some other local “musical partnerships.” I’d be satisfied if I only heard this song by them. I just really really like it.