Dance Marathon At FSU Reveals $2 Million Goal

It's #UpToUs to as individuals, as an organization, and as a community to give hope for tomorrow.

549
Kelly Brickley

Florida State University has seen its fair share of adversity this last year, and our campus is in need of a culture change. Dance Marathon at FSU is here to engage this student body to come together to show just how powerful Seminoles can be. This student body has built DM at FSU from the ground up, starting in Tully Gym raising just $19,000, to this year's goal: $2 million. There's no better way to bring this campus together than to enhance our community of the most selfless and determined students at FSU.

This goal is more than just a number we will hold up at the end of the marathon, it represents the money needed by our beneficiaries. $2 million dollars is what gives the kids in Gadsden County basic health care, school nurses, and yearly physicals. It's providing new research, vital equipment, and comfort the patients with pediatric illnesses at Shands Children's Hospital in Gainesville need. It's a result of a movement created by students who saw the power in coming together to make a change in others' lives.

This is a big number, but it's not at all impossible. We get there with your help. Any student at Florida State can register to fundraise, volunteer, and dance at our marathon on March 2-4th, 2018. There is a place in this organization for any and all students. We've seen these students year after year make an impact in the lives of who we help. Let's keep improving the lives of kids who need it most, providing a shot at healthy, happy childhoods, while giving our student body the cause we can all rally behind.

Don't know where to start, visit DM at FSU's website to register to fundraise and dance, and learn more about what we're doing to make change in the lives of others, as well as our own here at FSU.