What I Wish I Would've Known Prior Getting My Daith Pierced

​Things I Wish I Knew Prior To My Daith Piercing

Who knew beauty would have so many pros and cons?

981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1TFUdrcvQ

Ear piercings have been around forever. I started with the classic lobe piercing for my 5th birthday. Then my upper lobes on my 16th birthday. For Christmas the next year I got my daith pierced. Most people get their daith pierced to help with headaches, but I got mine just because I liked the way it looked. So here are a few things I wish I would've known before I spent the $65 to get it done.

It takes 6 months to heal 

Since I got mine pierced around Christmas, I couldn't change my piercing until the very end of June. Let me tell you why this is a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because when you go to change your earring out, you can't even feel it.

Especially if it's easy to put in, you won't even know it's finished until the piercer says "okay! You're done!" The bad thing about waiting 6 months is hard to keep up with. Saline solution every night 2 times a day sounds easy, but when you have thousands of other things going on, it can be hard to remember.

Also, some really gross crusty stuff will get stuck in your new piercing and on the metal of the earring so you have no choice but to try and get it out (which can really hurt if you're not careful).

Most of the cute sparkly earrings are around $20 a piece

Personally, if the earring isn't real metal my ears will turn green very fast and easily. So stainless steel is the way to go. With that being said, having something that won't turn your ear green, and is sparkly, it will cost a lot (for one earring). However, the more simple designs or the style of the earring itself can affect the price too.

You have so many different kinds of earrings you can wear in a daith piercing

I found this out when I was looking for an earring to change out my daith after it healed. There's rook earrings, septum earrings, captive beads, clickers, and so many more that you can wear in your daith.

The first one I had was a captive bead and I loved it. It was easy to clean, was able to move (which is good because it won't hurt when you go to sleep, wear earbuds, etc). I then changed it to a rook style earring in my daith and it was cute, but it did get in the way a lot.

I had to move it a certain way in order to lay down, I couldn't wear earbuds in that ear, etc. I currently have a clicker in and it's the same shape as my old captive bead but it's much more blingy and cuter. The point of most piercings is for style so make sure it's fashionable and comfortable.