New Piercings To Try

New Piercings To Try

These piercings can add some fresh, subtle flair for those looking for something new.

594
New Piercings To Try
Google

In today’s generation, multiple piercings and tattoos are not uncommon. In fact, body modifications like these have become a way for people to customize themselves and create their own sense of individuality. Although piercings are definitely a lot cheaper in cost than tattoos, they are still just as interesting. The good thing about ear piercings is that they can easily be hidden. For example, if you work somewhere that doesn’t allow things like brightly colored hair or visible tattoos and piercings, then adding something new to your ear(s) is the way to go.

Any piercings below can be done at most tattoo shops for around $30-$50 (depending on the type and location).

This list has a few ideas for new piercings if you’re looking for a fun new change in your life:

Rook

This piercing (which I actually have on my right ear) is definitely unique. The initial pain of the piercing wasn’t too extreme and the healing process was pretty easy. It takes most piercings anywhere from a couple of months to an entire year to fully heal. The healing time period depends on different variables like self care, location of the piercing, and whether or not the area is well taken care of during healing.

Daith

This piercing sits just underneath the rook piercing and the pain and healing process are a lot similar to that of the rook piercing due to the similar locations and thickness of that area. It is also said that this piercing can alleviate migraines so there's the added benefit of both style and improved health.

Tragus

This is another piercing that I have myself on my left ear, actually. This part of the ear is a lot thicker than most cartilaginous areas so there is more pain during the piercing process than the average piercing. However, despite the initial pain the healing process isn’t very painful. I was able to sleep on it the first night I got it done.

Midway

A midway piercing is basically located anywhere in between the upper cartilage (which is probably the most common ear piercing) and the traditional earlobe piercing. I have this on my left ear and I have had no problems with it. Pain is minimal and the healing process is much quicker than some of the more complex piercings.

Triple Forward Helix

This piercing is definitely more creative than some of the more simple ones in the list. Since it is three piercings at once, some pain and a long healing period is to be expected. Although I don’t have this piercing myself (my ears are too small, but I did try though), I have heard from friends that the healing struggle is definitely worth it.

Conch

I actually just got this piercing done on my right ear about a week ago. The pain of the piercing was actually much less severe than I was expecting, due to the fact that this part of the ear is so thick. Pinch it with your fingers on your own ear and you will understand what I mean; it’s really thick. However, while the actual piercing process didn’t hurt as much as I expected, it still hurt. The healing process has been pretty difficult so far due to the fact that I cannot sleep on my right ear comfortably at the moment. This is definitely not a piercing you want if you can’t handle a few sleepless nights, but once it heals, it will definitely have been worth it.

All of these piercings do come with some discomfort and pain (as with any new body modification) but it is totally worth it for people who want to add some subtle flair to their look.