Daily Habits To Adopt in 2018

Daily Habits To Adopt in 2018

Some simple ways to make each day a little better this new year.

210
Daily Habits To Adopt in 2018
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/22/636521895519531522818833236_11102670-man-daily-routine-people-icon-sign-symbol-pictogram-Stock-Vector.jpg

In order to make 2018 the best year it can possibly be, we must strive to make the best of each day. Therefore, here are some habits to adopt that can make each day the best it can be:

1. Drink Water Immediately After Waking Up

You don't necessarily have to chug a gallon of water once you open your eyes, but it's a good idea to start the day off with a cup of water. The body is composed of about 65% water, so after about 8 hours of sleep when you do not drink anything, it is important to rehydrate as soon as you wake up. It is especially important to hydrate before drinking coffee or any other caffeinated beverage as caffeine is a mild diuretic.

2. Get Spiritual

Spend some time focusing on any spiritual or religious practice each day as this is a great stress reliever. Spending some time in prayer or meditating can also allow you to start your day on a more positive note. It can make you feel more balanced and in control of your day/time. It is also great for personal growth and development to spend some time cultivating your beliefs.

3. Go Outside

We live in such a sedentary lifestyle that most people will not go outside unless they absolutely have to. There are actually many benefits to going outside even for a few minutes. Getting some fresh air can be very calming because it gives our skin the sunlight it needs to produce vitamin D. It is also great because the sight of nature can actual increase brain function. Taking 10 minutes out of your day to go for a brisk walk can cause a world of benefits.

4. Tidy Your Space

In many ways, our physical surroundings can replicate our mindset. A cluttered room may be an indication of a cluttered mind. Take a few minutes everyday to tidy up whether it be putting away clothes, washing dishes, or making your bed. Not only will this help clear your mind and mentally prepare for other tasks, it will prevent your space from getting insanely messy. A daily 10 minutes cleaning period sounds better than having to search through the disaster site that comes about after two weeks of not cleaning.

5. Have a Sweet Treat

Indulge in whatever "junk" food it is that you are craving, whether sweet or salty! When many people try to lose weight, they incorporate weekly cheat days or cheat meals. The issue with waiting all week for one dessert or one snack is that it makes us feel deprived, so we end up binging during the cheat meal or just breaking down altogether and stopping the diet (which you shouldn't be on anyway). It is best to stop this notion of good foods and bad foods. Simply eat everything in moderation and look for healthy alternatives. Also, cooking food yourself ends up being healthier almost all the time. If you're craving a brownie, it is much better to have a small brownie the day you are craving it than to wait for cheat day and end up eating 3 because of your out of control brownie cravings.

The best way to make long term changes is to make better choices everyday. Thinking of changes as a day by day basis instead of as a year-long odyssey makes the journey a lot easier. One step at a time, one day at a time. You can do it!