Dad, From Your Daughter

Dear Dad,

Growing up, I had lots of friends who didn’t have a father figure in their life. Or, if they did, he wasn’t the greatest role model. My friends told me things like, “Your dad is so cool” and “I wish I had a dad like yours.”

But I was just a kid then. I didn’t realize at the time how lucky I was to have you as my father.

As I've grown up, I become more and more aware of the impact you have had on my life.

Not every girl has a strong, loving, reliable father like mine.

Having you as a father means I always have someone to laugh with and to rely on. When my car makes a funny noise or I'm going through a rough time, it means I can call you for advice. You always know just how to make me feel better.

I don’t know what I would do without your constant support.

You have always been there for me, cheering me on, whether it was at a sporting event or my high school graduation.

You were there as I took my first steps and someday you will be the one to walk me down the aisle. You are always by my side.

I have so many happy memories with you and I know we will only continue to make more as I grow up and someday have children of my own. I can only hope that my children have a father as wonderful as you.

Being your daughter is one of the greatest blessings in my life. I know that I have your constant love and support no matter what I do or where I go. You are always only a phone call away when I need you or when I just want to hear your voice.

Growing up and moving away means I don't get to see you as much as I'd like and I wish you could just move to my city so that weren't the case.

I wish I could see you more often. I wish we got to spend more time together. I hope you know that I think of you all the time. I hope you know that I miss you and that I always look forward to seeing you.

I hope you know how grateful I am to be able to call myself your daughter.

I love you.

Love,

Your Daughter