Thank You Dad For Being My Role Model And Biggest Supporter

I have, and always will look up to you!

422

There's no one in the world who understands me quite like you do. You're the funniest person I know, besides myself (of course), yet I owe it all to you.

There's no one I'd rather make fun of mom's crazy diction with and her additional syllables in certain words.

And speaking of words, I love that you have your own language that only a few select people understand. You take acronyms and bring them to a whole new phonetic world. You say words wrong just for the fun of it and I have unfortunately adopted this habit. I'll be complaining about how the Gnats are bad outside or how I'll need a Knife to cut my steak. Both the G and K sounded out, respectively. Sounds crazy? Well to my family it sounds normal, which is crazy.

But besides the multitude of phonetic and grammatical obstacles that you've created for my journalism major, you have supported me 100%. Growing up you always told me I should strive for something big. Something that would make me a lot of money. However, I'm sure journalism was not the major you had in mind. But thankfully you have made me feel nothing less of fully capable to create a beautiful and valuable life for myself. You believe in me and you push me to do better.

You have taught me to never settle for anything less than my wildest dreams and thanks to you I feel that I am striving for that greatness, always.

You are the most hardworking person in my life with the biggest heart and you still have time to laugh. That's what I am striving for in life.

Thank you for inspiring me to do everything I set my mind to. It's a word of advice that you're not only giving me, but you accomplished on your own. I love you, Dad.