An Open Letter To My Dad

An Open Letter To My Dad

Even though we don't always see eye to eye, you will always be the #1 man in my life.

2067
An Open Letter To My Dad
Peyton Carrington

Dear Daddy,

I will never be able to fully express how thankful I am to have you as my dad.

It's amazing how much we have in common, from being easily frustrated to having the same sense of humor (one in which mom doesn't understand). The older I've gotten, the more fully I've realized everything you do for me, and that I wouldn't be the woman I am today without you.

Thank you for always supporting me in everything I do. Thank you for supporting my equestrian pursuits, and for filling in for mom when she couldn't make it out to the barn with me. For every time you've fed the horses, cleaned stalls, or dragged the riding arena, thank you.

Thank you for somehow making it out to every horse show and sometimes dragging my brother out with you! Even when I was competing for other peoples' horses, you were in the crowd cheering me on.

Thank you for teaching me the value of a dollar while simultaneously paying for me along the way. Thank you for paying for gas to get me places, food to nourish me and horse-related bills that support my sport. I am so grateful that I've never had to worry about money and know that you work hard to allow us to keep our lifestyle.

Thank you for never putting academic pressure on me. I've never worried about disappointing you with poor grades; I know that you only expect me to do my best; thank you for only asking that.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to go to college. No matter how big the scholarship I received (trust me, I tried), you told me that I could go to any school I wanted. Thank you for supporting not only my academic endeavors but my career pursuits as well. Thank you for encouraging me to pursue a career I love; this is advice I know will lead me to a life of purpose and joy.

Thank you for letting me experience the world and taking me to amazing places. Thank you for letting me tag along on company vacations with you, I remember them all, from Toronto to Maine. Thank you for trips to classy resorts and mountain cabins, I now know what luxuries I want to strive for.

Thank you for explaining adult things to me like 401-k's, stocks, and taxes. Thank you for taking care of my paperwork and insurance. Thank you for keeping me politically informed and making sure I understand the current worldly issues.

Daddy, I am so grateful for everything you do for me and our family. Even though we don't always see eye to eye, you will always be the #1 man in my life. Although I am officially an adult (but not really), I will always be your little girl.

Love,

Your Peach