Current Mood: I Need A Fresh Start

Current Mood: I Need A Fresh Start

Need to hit the reset button?

70
Current Mood: I Need A Fresh Start
pixabay

Every once and a while we get that feeling of needing a fresh start. This feeling is common when contemplating a new year's resolution or when someone completes a major milestone, but many also experience this wanting every now and then. It is not unlikely to feel this way after completing a large task, finishing a course of work, semester or term of education. Our minds sum up our feelings and attitude when we come to the conclusion that we've had enough and want a change. I have come to find myself feeling this way after I have had a hard week, been stressed for a long period of time, or just seem to find myself in a rut with no way out. And so, thus comes the wanting of a fresh start. This mental reset button could mean removing the negative people, work or situations in your life, but no matter the reason, it is important to mentally regain sanity after we feel like we are loosing our minds. These are some of the ways I begin my process of starting over.

First and foremost, I find letting out a loud scream or going for a drive to clear your head is a positive first step. This sounds crazy, but you need to let out all that negative energy that is building up inside of you. Whatever has been bothering you or the cause of you wanting a fresh start needs to be rid from consuming space in your thoughts.

Second, now that your head is clear, fill it with positive thoughts. From here on out, you should think ahead of the game. What do you want to change in your life? What adjustments or restrictions do you want to make? Is there something new you want to try? Something you want to try and stop doing? Now is your time to take action! Do what you need to help yourself and what makes you happy, because you are not only your biggest supporter, but your biggest critic as well.

Third, create a trial period. Take the time to test out this new attitude, lifestyle, mindset, whatever it may be and if it seems to not be working, change it. You need to find what works for you and you want to do something that is going to benefit you in the long run.

Forth, live up your new mindset. If you are taking this opportunity to try new things or hangout with new people, enjoy yourself! Whatever you have found that seems to work for you, embrace it because your inner happiness is the most important priority.

Enter this mental reevaluation with as much as an open mind as you could have. Look at your current situation and really analyze how you see things and how you would like certain aspects to change. Only you can make that change happen and only you can take control of your life.