Does Urology work

The Study Of Curing My Perpetual Insecurity Of Acne-Prone Skin

Every face is different, but this stuff is my holy grail.

144
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDb02Tgu3Y/?taken-by=curology

Okay, I am not being paid for an endorsement whatsoever, I simply want to spread the good news that I no longer need to slave over face masks and acne creams.

I have struggled with cystic acne since I was fifteen years old. When I was in high school, I didn't care at all about skin care. The only way I took care of my skin was using harsh off-brand makeup wipes at the end of the day, and splashing my face with water. Even that was far fetched – I would go many nights without even taking off my makeup. No cleansers, no masks, no moisturizers – nothing. Plus, the acne I did have, I would just pick at all day until it bled. No wonder my skin was so red and irritated.

Since then, I have tried everything under the sun to clear my skin and heal my acne scarring. Everything from face creams, to tea tree masks, to steam facials, to Proactiv, to benzoyl peroxide treatments.

Eventually, when I was sixteen, I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me some special facial creams and medications. These definitely helped ease up my acne and scarring, but I was still left with oily skin and breakouts all over my face. Probably due to the lack of cleansing and moisturizing, and using my prescribed creams simply dried out my face.

After going off to college, my skin care was still minimal. I was finally cleansing my face maybe a couple times a week, but that was about it. Eventually, I started cleansing my face religiously each day and using a moisturizer (THANK GOD!)

Yet, even after all of this extra care, I was still experiencing breakouts all over my face. Of course, they were minimal compared to when I was a teenager, but once your skin clears up…you notice every little pimple. I was frustrated and annoyed and didn't know what else to do to get rid of breakouts, once and for all.

That's when I stumbled upon a Curology ad.

At this point, I was so tired of having a full face of pimples after spending 1 (one) hour being stressed out (thanks a lot, cortisol). Especially now at age 20, supposedly done with puberty, and becoming an adult.

I was not expecting much. I thought it was another Instagram scam. They require you to take photos of your skin, describe your conditions, and any past treatments you may have tried. Then, they ship you a custom-made bottle for your acne, specified with instructions on when and how to apply it, and any other directions you may need. You are then assigned a dermatologist and support team to answer any questions on your treatment or skin care.

Now, when I tell you this stuff is magic…I really mean it. Below is my first-night using Curology, back in August of 2018.

Maggie Joyce

And, this was a couple weeks ago.

Maggie Joyce

Of course, my religious skin care routine aside from the Curology certainly helps, but I will attribute Curology to much of my success with my skin. Plus, it even cleared up some more of my leftover scarring. As an adult now, finally being rid of the burden of acne feels liberating. And mature, in a way.

I have never felt more confident and comfortable in my own skin – literally. I feel so much better without makeup, and knowing that my skin is glowing for the first time in my life makes me feel fearless.