11 Struggles Girls With Curly Hair Know By Heart

No, I actually would prefer if you didn't touch my hair, complete strangler.

327

Curly hair, a true blessing, and a curse. Some days, your curls look great and the result, you feel great! On the flipside, though, there are those days where you run out of conditioner, your curls are all over the place, and your hair tie snaps. Here are some struggles every curly girl knows all too well.

Also, just a little disclaimer, while there are a wide variety of curls in the world. I personally have around 3B hair, and these struggles are therefore a reflection off of that experience. This may not be fully representative of someone with a different curl pattern.

1. It looks way shorter

Fun fact, if you stretch a curl out they're actually a lot longer. In effect, it takes us way longer to grow out our hair.

2. Trying to run your fingers through it

Just don't do it, your hand will get stuck, your curls will get messed up. Overall, not a good idea.

3. Waking up not so glamorous

You know how in movies the girl will wake up with silky hair that she just has to run a brush through. Yeah, can't relate. When I wake up my hair looks a little bit more like it is trying to see if it can point in every direction possible.

4. Bangs...just don't work

They'll look different everyday since your hair will curl up differently.

5. Trying to brush your hair dry

With curly hair, you can literally do nothing with it unless it's wet. Trying to braid, brush, or style it when it's dry just doesn't work out.

6. Always running out of conditioner

Using about twice as much conditioner as shampoo is just part of having curly hair.

7. Taking hella long showers

When you wash your hair, you can expect to be in there for at least half an hour. Just wetting your hair takes forever, since it seems like you have to stand under the water for ten minutes just to get your hair fully soaked.

8. So. Much. Frizz

Maybe it's slightly humid, maybe you didn't put enough product in, maybe your hair is just in a mood.

9. What even is styling?

Growing up I always had huge hair envy when girls could put their hair into cute little braids and buns. While you can put curly hair into a few styles, it's a lot harder to braid.

10. It gets caught...on everything

Sunglasses, headphones, earrings, regular glasses, zippers, bra clasps. You name it, my hair has gotten caught in it. The best part is that it loops around the offending object, and it hurts like a b#tch to tear it out.

11. Always getting told to straighten it

It's funny because I'm constantly told how people 'wish' they had my hair. Yet, guess what I usually hear right after? "Why don't you straighten your hair?" "You should really straighten your hair" "You would look so pretty with straight hair." Well first off, it takes two hours, and then top that off with the fact that a drop of humidity makes it fluff up...I think I'll take a pass.

So yeah, curly hair has a lot of problems. But you know what? People have been using curlers and getting perms all throughout history, so just think some people take hours to get what you were born with!