You Have The Flu, Now What Do You Do?

You Have The Flu, Now What Do You Do?

I cured the flu in nearly five days, and you can too!

70
You Have The Flu, Now What Do You Do?
Hayley Seibel

I was trying to comprehend just why I had to get such a thing. I remember the start of my flu, and I remember it perfectly. With a spiked fever, cold sweats, nausea, and a migraine, I inched my way out of bed to the mirror—instantly regretting doing so. I looked awful, and I definitely felt how I looked. I am convinced that my immune system was down from midterms week which then led me to get the flu, as after my third coffee on Tuesday my body must have been over it.

As I quickly had to accept that I had the flu in the middle of midterms week, I tried to find as many healing remedies as possible. Google became my best friend, where I would spend as much screen time as my body could take searching the web for any useful tips on getting rid of this nasty cold. This led me to the following remedies, which has allowed me to almost completely heal in five days.

1. Honey

It's soothing, tastes good, and coats your throat to prevent further coughing.

2. Warm water

Water intake is very important when you have the flu, as your body is craving something to wash away the illness in your system.

3. Hot tea

This warms up your body, while providing holistic remedies within the tea and soothing your throat at the same time.

4. Warm chicken broth

This classic remedy will help cure your sore throat with the heat while providing you healthy nutrients.

5. Chinese food

If you happen to crave Chinese food as I did with this flu, order wonton egg drop soup. This provides you protein which is great for your body during this illness, and soothing soup to help heal.

6. Hot showers

Hot showers help warm up your entire body, and are always my go-to when I am sick.

7. DayQuil and NyQuil

My favorite cold and flu remedy is DayQuil and NyQuil, as they seem to work better than anything else and allow me to often heal quickly.

8. Cough Drops

I did not have cough drops until four days after I got the flu, but right after I got them and started taking them, my cough lessened very quickly.

9. Emergen-C

Emergen-C, a vitamin complex that you simply add to water, is something I take whenever I feel a cold coming on. I swear by this, and with its extremely beneficial qualities, you should too!

As I can tell that my flu is almost gone, I hope that these remedies that have helped immensely for me can help you too! Having the flu is the worst, but I made it through midterms—and I'll be thanking #1 through #9 for that. (Well, besides the cough drops, because I waited too long to get ahold of those)