Creationism Should Be An Option

Creationism Should Be An Option

Neither side can be proven, therefore, both should be taught as possibilities, no matter what your belief system of choice is.

30
Creationism Should Be An Option
Huffington Post

The theory of creationism has been banned from public schools for far too long now. Since the Scopes Trial, which banned creationism from being taught in schools, evolution has been the primary curriculum given to students, prohibiting creationism from being taught. Since 1925, public schools have become bias and unfair, exposing the liberal and non religious aspect to the school system. Students have been brainwashed with many modern theories, but perhaps the most notable is the one of evolution. The idea of independence is removed because students are taught one of two options. This would not be happening if creationism and evolution were to be taught hand in hand rather than forcing an idea upon a student and attempting to decide what children should believe. Public schools should both permit and encourage that children be independent and choose what they want to accept as true. It isn’t fair that students are cornered into private or religious schools, that cost a hefty amount per year, to receive the education they deserve.

Evolution is not really what it is said to be. It is by no means scientific. The word “science” promotes observation and verification. Evolution cannot be proven and it cannot be observed. The theory of the big bang cannot be proven, no matter how hard scientists may try. The idea of an incredible and miraculous explosion is not at all scientific. We have not seen it; we have not proven it, and we most likely never will. None of the ideas that make up evolution can be proven, or even strongly supported by fact. Evolution promotes the idea that species can evolve from a completely different one. When have we seen whales evolve from dogs? Only dogs create different species of dogs when they cross with each other. For example, if you take a maltese and breed it with a poodle, you will end up with a maltipoo which, contrary to popular evolutionist belief, is still a dog. It is not a cat. It is not a fish. It is a dog. It has been proven that bacteria cannot become anything other than bacteria. Evolution says that everything on earth came from a perfect bacterium of life, but no scientist or theologian can back that up with solid evidence. The theologian who first created the theory of evolution, Charles Darwin came up with a method to record gradual changes in fossil records, which he assumed would be flawless and unopposed. Just recently, that method was proven to be wrong and inconsistent. Significant errors in carbon dating have also been found which are said to supposedly demonstrate the age of the earth. Finally, animals that are said to evolve from certain other animals have been proven to have no DNA or RNA similarities. So, what are educators teaching to students?

Creationism is the theory that one intelligent and almighty entity, God, created the world and everything in it including animals and humans. Unfortunately, proving creationism is just as difficult as proving evolutionism, if not harder. We cannot prove that there is a God because he hasn’t been seen by the human eye. We cannot prove the existence or resurrection of Jesus Christ because he has not been seen or documented in anything other than religious text. Creationism does have a few more reasonable parts to it though. Forcing the idea of evolution, is almost denying the existence of a higher power. That is Atheism, which is also a religion. Why allow Atheism to be practiced and taught in public schools but not Christianity? It is much harder to believe that a miraculous explosion created human thought, conscience and inner feeling than that an almighty God created them. It may also be more comforting to students to know that they were created safely by a loving higher power as opposed to believing that they were created because of an accidental chemical outburst.

Both evolution and creationism cannot be proven, therefore, it would be fair if both theories were taught in public schools for both children that do not believe in God and those who do. Diversity is a topic often focused on within the public school system. It’s important for students to know that there are many different ways of thinking. They can be well educated on both sides of the controversy thus, this can increment their abilities to analyze and be independent to believe whatever they choose to agree with. It would be much better than indoctrinating them with one theory and not even recognizing the other.

Critics of creationism being taught in school believe that creationism violates the first amendment in the United States’ Constitution that prohibits the government to encourage a religious doctrine. They claim that creationism is a religious doctrine, and it is, however evolution is just as religious as creationism. A religion is a belief system and evolution is a belief. It is confidence in an idea that cannot be proven, but one believes in it because of faith. Both options are based upon faith. Evolutionists have faith in science to be true and creationists have faith in an almighty God to be real and the Creator of the heavens, earth, and everything encompassed in both.

Creationism should certainly be taught in public schools alongside evolution because both theories are religious and un-scientific. In fact, a recent study shows that in the United States, eighty-five percent of parents want their kids to learn about both evolution and creationism. Those eighty-five percent of parents that want creationism to be taught hand in hand with evolution were not strictly one religion or another. Neither side can be proven, therefore, both should be taught as possibilities, no matter what your belief system of choice is. The choice belongs to you, not the school system.