10 Things All (Slightly Crazy) Dog Moms Can Relate To
Dogs

10 Things All Dedicated (But Slightly Crazy) Dog Moms Can Relate To

If you have a dog, you understand all of these things.

144
Photo by Kristina Loza Garcia

Who needs babies when you can have dogs instead?

1. You have an unimaginable urge to make your dog their own Instagram page.

Photo by Kristina Loza Garcia

This may seem ridiculous, but you just have way too many cute pictures of your pup on your camera roll waiting to be shown to the world. It's not enough for them to just be featured on your account. Plus, who wouldn't appreciate seeing a cute, little fluff ball on their feed every once in a while?

2. You would rather stay in than go to that party all your friends will be at.

Things that used to be important in your life seem way less important now because you are officially a mom. You're not lame for wanting to stay in and hang out with your dog on the weekends, that just makes you a killer dog mom. Anyways, just imagine how sad your dog would be if you went out and had fun without them.

3. You look at your bank account wondering where your money has disappeared to then remember that you spent your whole paycheck on new gear for your pup.

Flickr

Of course, your dog needs that super cute bed you saw in Petco, even though she already has like 5. She'll also need that plush, comfortable booster car seat for dogs since we'll be making many trips back and forth from Waco and Austin. What the heck, she would definitely also want that plaid sweater since fall is just around the corner.

4. Your biggest desire is to give your dog a huge birthday celebration and invite all the other dogs in your neighborhood.

You don't even care about your own birthday this much, but you would do anything to make sure your dog knows how much you love and appreciate them. So, this would entail throwing a huge dog bash for their special day.

5. Your bed is no longer your bed.

Are you ever laying in the small corner in your bed that is not currently occupied by your dog and just think to yourself, "Wow, how did I ever sleep alone before this?" Yup, I've been there, too. But as uncomfortable as my dog might make my sleeping arrangements, I'll always put their comfort before my own. Hey, it's their world, and I'm just living in it.

6. Friendship collars are a must.

I always see ads for those cheesy human bracelets that are identical to a dog collar that you can purchase online. As much as I hate to be that person, they are definitely a necessity in my life. Actually, scratch that. I'm proud of being that person.

7. You revolve all major life decisions around your dog.

I refused to move into any new apartment before making sure it fit my checklist. For example, wherever I moved to needed to have a dog park. I was also recently revising my class schedule, and I had to make sure I wouldn't be on campus over about 4 hours because I hate leaving my dog home alone for too long. The struggle is real, my friends.

8. You've spent countless hours looking for different places in the city that are dog friendly.

You want your dog to explore new places and see new things. So, your recent search history might have something that says, "Top 10 dog friendly restaurants, parks and stores in your surrounding area."

9. You just can't fathom the idea of leaving your dog out of the holiday cards.

Photo by Kristina Loza Garcia

Your dog deserves to get in on some holiday action. In addition, they are no doubt an integral part of the family, so there's no way they are not making an appearance in your Christmas cards.

10. You decide there is no way you can have just one dog.

You and your furry child have had an amazing time together, but you often think they would also love the companion of another furry friend. This is when you start entertaining that idea and begin checking the local shelters for a potential sibling for your dog. I mean, who could say no to another dog?