Weird Things Only Dog Owners Do
Dogs

9 Things You Do To Your Dog That Are Heckin' Weird, When You Think About It

Admit it, you always speak to your dog as if they could talk back to you, and when they don't answer, you keep talking to them.

106
Dog on the beach, next to ball
https://unsplash.com/photos/oH9AuO20kbk

Dogs are truly a part of the family. We keep them close, and sometimes we do some weird things with them that soon become normal.

1. Watch him/her sleep

The most precious thing to watch is your dog taking a nap or falling asleep after a long day of running around and chewing bones. I always catch myself laying down next to my dog and staring into his soul while he just wants to sleep in peace.

2. Have a conversation

Are you ever curious what your dog would sound like if he/she could talk? Admit it, you always speak to your dog as if they could talk back to you... and when they don't answer, you keep talking to them.

3. Giving nicknames

Sometimes, my dog's name changes 16 times throughout the day. Whatever comes to mind that sounds like a pet name, I catch myself using those names. "Bubby," "floof," "hairy man." I tend to give my dog some odd names. The scariest part is that sometimes he responds to these nicknames.

4. Cooking for your dog more than for yourself

My dog gets three meals a day of pure meat, fresh vegetables, and rice. While my dog chows down on a fresh meal prepared just for him, I'll sit at the kitchen table with my bowl of cereal. My sister has even baked fresh treats for my good boy.

5. Tuck them in

I hope I'm not the only one that tucks my dog in when he wants to take a nap. He loves to snuggle under a soft blanket while his head rests upon a pillow for him.

6. Sing songs with their name in the lyrics

When we drive to the vet, I wrap my dog in a blanket and he sits in my lap. Whichever songs come on the radio, my dog's name replaces them in the lyrics. Although it confuses him slightly, I always sing for my good boy.

7. Hold their paw

Yes, I admit it. I will hold my dog's paw if he seems anxious. When he is at the vet, I hold his paw to make sure he is calm. I also like to hold his paw when he is sleeping to make sure he sleeps well.

8. Show them their reflection

Get real, if you haven't done this to your dog at least once, you are lying. Even though you know your dog will most likely not react to their reflection, it's fun to bring them to the mirror and ask, "Who's that?"

9. Sign cards as your dog

A birthday card is NEVER complete until your dog "signs" it. Letters must be backward, and you must draw a little paw print to leave a finishing touch.

If you do these things with your dog, let's be best friends. Actually, I'll be friends with you for your dog.